Valid if not torn from the coupon book?

What is this about? Why are the coupons invalid if they are torn from the booklet?

I think you may have misinterpreted something you were told or read about. Coupons have to be taken out of the booklet in order to redeem them. The language on them does say that they are valid only on the cruise for which they are issued, so technically taking coupons from the book you received on a prior cruise is prohibited but that restriction is probably enforced "more in the breach than in the observance."

Since you need to put your name, stateroom # and folio # on the coupon, they could, I suppose, if they cared to, make sure that you are only redeeming the coupons to which you are entitled on each cruise but I have never noticed that they were that carefully examined and if a later audit turned up duplications, I am not sure that they would go to any great effort to come after you. In these times of cost-cutting, however, anything is possible, but I am sure more coupons go unredeemed than are used.:)

maybe he means can you use them ( or are they invalid) if torn out and then used on other sailings?? I have received the books, not used all the coupons, torn them out and brought them on other sailings and they took them no problem.

Have never had a problem with this.I usually tear them from the book and pin on the wall using the fridgemagnets that I pick up to remember our ports of call so that I don't forget to use them throughout the voyage. I have never brought ones from previous trips, will take a look to see if there are any of interest before I head off this time

The confusion maybe they were talking about the book you can buy for shopping not the C&A booklet. Years ago you pulled out the pages for the port you were going to visit. The last time I saw one of these books it said not to pull the pages out. They want you to carry the book about so others see it and buy one. We did spend the money, $25 I think, one time. That is my mistake and only made it once. I do go the the shopping shops if I am not busy so I have seen the new books and they say not to pull out the pages.

Archived