Oscar Tour - Costa Rica - Carnival Legand

wally

I have just made arrangements with Oscar for a canopy tour in Costa Rica. This is for the 12/29/04 sailing of Carnival Legand arriving in Costa Rica on 1/2/05. If you are interested in joining us please let me know.

The tour is approx 4 and 1/2 hours.

The Canopy tour: This is a sieve line where you switch from one three to a another: Hiking in the jungle., I include a stop on a white sand beach are a black sand beach, it is your chaise, a visit to the Bamboo trade school, banana plantation, coco beans farm, City tour, the two biggest hotels around the coast, one is a botanical garden, and the other one has a nice vie on a tall hill, the rich area, and a surprise stop; witch will take you to the highest part of the city. This is $70 per/person, no extra charge.* This includes transportation and zip lining.

Hi there, We must be with you guys also on this tour. He also promised to take us to hold a sloth and monkey! We are a family of 4 with my in-laws who are in their 80's! We are sailing on the same ship. I believe the price was $70. for transportation and ziplining and $35. just for the tour itself!

Hi Wally,

My family is with you on this cruise. Can you tell me what ziplining is and is it appropriate for kids (5 and 8) and an older woman (70, but in amazing condition)? Can Oscar take more people?

Any info you have is appreciated!

Laura

Laura

There is room for more. I am not sure of the age restrictions. My guess is that the 5 year old is probably too small and it might be too strenuous for the older member of your party. Zip lining is basically traveling above or through the forest canopy via a cable and harnes. You are provided all the equipment and looks like fun. Since Oscar does not have a web site, go to the web and search on canopy tours - costa rica. The ship offers this type of tour in Belize as well but we prefer to snorkel at that port. Any questions, please reply.

Hi there Laura, I am the one that posted above - Oscar does still have openings - i do not know how many are in your party? Ours consits of a 15 year old and an 11 year old, my husband, myself and my in-laws who are in their 80's. I believe your 5 year old can do the canopy tour but they may get to hold onto one of the guides. My husband and my 11 year old are the only ones actually doing the canopy tour the rest of us are going along for the tour! My 15 year old may change her mind!

Hi!

Thanks for the replies. Does anybody know if Almonds and Corals are worth visiting if somebody in the group doesn't want to do the ziplining? I definitely want to do it, but if my MIL and 5 year old don't, will they be OK on the ground, or just bored?

Laura

Archived