What Are We Looking At

cfc525

This will be first time docking at King's Wharf, Bermuda. SO and I will be on the NCL Dawn in June. Can someone tell me which side of the ship is ocean view when in port. Just wondering what we will see from our balcony. Hopefully a nice view... if this is of any help, we will be on deck 9, cabin # 9650

Thanks to all :)

You may dock either to port or starboard depending on a variety of circumstances. The side away from the dock will have a better sea view across the Great Sound to Spanish Point but the dock side also has a pretty view across the North Basin and Dockyard - on deck 9 you'll probably be high enough to see the Atlantic beyond.

you might want to post on the Bermuda board or on the cruiseline board to see if there is a pattern for your ship. My guess is that it depends on how many ships are in port

No, I believe it's more to do with which side lifeboats they want to use for the crew drill that they usually do while in port. The second pier at Dockyard (when it opens) is quite separate from the existing one.

Or, if bad weather is possible, I have heard that they may moor facing out in case a quick getaway is needed but I'm not sure that matters much at Dockyard.

Archived