Anything like Quest?

Does anyone know if Carnival now has a game similar to Quest on RCCL? I don't think they had anything like this the last time I cruised with them about 4 years ago.

I give up, whats is Quest, post a link.

On the Fantasy last month they played a game simular. Pack a pillowcase or small bag with item you think they may be looking for. I didnt make it but my sister thought it was alot of fun. The items they were looking for and they had teams and runners, sounded like quest to me. Wish we would have gone. I loved playing that game. This was the first time ive noticed it on a Carnival ship.

Wanda

Does anyone know if Carnival now has a game similar to Quest on RCCL? I don't think they had anything like this the last time I cruised with them about 4 years ago.

A hint would help on what "Quest" is.....;)

'Quest' is an adult version of a scavenger hunt. When I first played it it was loads of fun since no one knew what they would call for. Things like a pair of men's pants not being worn, a set of false teeth, something blue, ladies bras not being worn, etc.

Now it is at the point where frequent cruisere know what to bring and carry a bag full of stuff. The spontaniety has gone out of the game but it is still fun if you've never seen it before.

It is always amazing how perfectly rational people will make total fools of themselves on a cruise. And all for a 'plastique' key ring!!!

Last time I was on Carvinal...2005, they had a game called Survivor. It was like Quest in some parts. Each person had to retrieve certain items from the crowd. There were other parts too though to that game, like retrieving things from the bottom of the pool and eating something yucky.

I have not seen that specific version on Carnival. NCL does an adult version that gets a bit risque. On some Carnival ships they have done a game called "Whats in the bag?" It is where folks bring things from their cabin that they think might be called for.

Dave

It depends on the Cruise Director. When you meet the CD or the social hosts on the first day you can ask about it. Sometimes it's called "In the Bag" game--look for it in the Capers. Just like Quest it can be a lot of fun, sometimes it's a dud. It all depends on how spirited the group is that week.

Well I am happy to you all that Quest is alive and well on the Splendor, where Goose holds it. It will be also be on the Pride, when Jaime moves over to her as the ACD later this month. I think Survivor and in the bag are played as well, it sort of depends on who the CD is.

Yes, it is an adult scavenger hunt type game, hilariously funny. That is all I am at liberty to say...

The photos I got of my DH are worth a signifcant amount of blackmail potential....*hums innocently*:D

Nancy

We were on RCCL in 07 & had a blast playing Quest. We were on Conquest in January & I looked every day in the Capers. To my knowledge, they didn't hve anything like Quest but we may have missed it since I was looking for "Quest".

Spending my time on Cruise Critic living through everyone elses reviews until our next cruise.:)

MicksMom

Well I am happy to you all that Quest is alive and well on the Splendor, where Goose holds it. It will be also be on the Pride, when Jaime moves over to her as the ACD later this month. I think Survivor and in the bag are played as well, it sort of depends on who the CD is.

Yes, it is an adult scavenger hunt type game, hilariously funny. That is all I am at liberty to say...

The photos I got of my DH are worth a signifcant amount of blackmail potential....*hums innocently*:D

Nancy

I hope the CD's on all CCL ships start it :D It's so much fun!

I've played on both RCCL and NCL...it's much better on NCL.

Nancy

I am very excited to hear that it will be on the Pride. Will Jamie be the CD in September? We participated in Quest on our honeymoney cruise last year on RCCL. Lets just say that at one point I was bra-less and my DH had my bra on! Crazy crazy game!!! Such a blast though!

Sounds like the scavenger hunt.

It kinda is.

There is a male and female captain for each team and the host, usually the Cruise Dir., will ask, "can I have the famale captain bring me 4 pair of mens pants!" Then guys in the audiance take off their pants/shorts and throw them at the captain and she runs up w/ the pants. Each team gets points for coming up w/ the items.

In general we were asked for things like:

a piece of fruit

false teeth (dentures or a comb will do)

a sock with a hole in it (the sock has a hole in it already so you can put it on)

A Canadian Maple Leaf

2 women's bras

A $100.00 bill

You get the drift.

This game is really cool. It is silly, good, clean fun.

• 2 weeks later...
I am wondering if anybody knows about the pre pay card for the alcohlic

beverages (average is 5 drinks for $23.00)

thank you

Did reading about Quest make you think you may need one to participate - lol. Went to this game on Royal Caribbean & I think many used all 5 of their drinks to do some of the things they did!

But in answer to your question, there was a Drink of the Day card that my son bought on the last cruise. He was under the impression he got the drinks in the larger Carnival cups for the price. Not the case, you get the smaller refill size. Didn't feel it was really worth it. There are also the pre-paid drink coupons you buy from the gift services. Really only worthwhile if you are getting it for someone as a little gift. The coupon is worth a set amt. of money & if your drink is more than that they charge you. If you order something that cost less, you receive no credit. About the only savings is the gratutity. At least in my opinion both of these just give you one more thing to have to carry around & don't offer any real savings.

Archived