cc group cruises vs early saver rates

rwegoneyet

My sister and I organized a group cruise for this August. Our group booked their cabins last October. Since then, the price has dropped. I contacted our PVP and he said OBC can't be given for group cruises. But he did offer to transfer us to the Early Saver Program. Then we would get the OBC for any price drops. We chose to stay with the group area to get the group benefits. When everyone booked, we got $50 OBC per cabin and a one hour cocktail party.

As of now the group rates to Alaska are less than the Early Saver and the rates could go up or down. Depending on the group host you could attend the group functions other than the welcome strawsberry and such and obc from what I have read of the different groups going. Some allow you to do cabins crawls and such, others do not; again this is from the different threads I have read only, you would have to check with the host.

Also, on the different threads some have received price reductions and others have not. When you check prices be sure and compare the price to the guantee cabins since they are slighly more than the standard inside cabin. The guantee means you will get the best cabin available in the group. I have also got GREAT cabins doing guantee, better than picking myself.

You need to just do your research, I have also seen several where the group rate is a lot higher as mentioned above and then some where the group rate is lower. The group rate does allow you to secure your rate with $50.00 vs a full deposit and if the rate drops you would only be risking the $50, to switch. As mentioned before Alaska is GREAT low prices right now and there are three different threads trying to get groups; one confirmed two waiting.

I have a few group cruises booked right now. On one we did get the price drop. On many you get OBC,Cocktail parties and the 25 dollar deposit is a great thing.You can pick your cabin after full deposit is made. Works for me, plus I have made some of the coolest friends,many keep in touch and visit with others throughout the year,cant put a price on friends

Archived