Freedom 8 day West. Caribbean I have questions please help?

lgmg

I am sailing on the Freedom on the July 4, eight day sailing to the western Caribbean. I have never cruised CCL before. In the past I have sailed RCCL, NCL, Princess and Celebrity. I am trying to get as much information as possible to see what activites CCL has during the day since we will be having 4 sea days. I figured the capers would help. If anyone has the capers for the 8 day western sailings of the Freedom please post them if you can. If anyone has any other information regarding this cruise, or opinons of any of the excursions positive or negative, that may help me, it would be much appreciated. Three months and counting! :) Can't wait! :D

Don't have the Capers for Freedom, but most of the activities are the same on Carnival ships.

Some of the Sea Day activities are:

Gym/Spa

Music Trivia

Golf Clinic

Golf Lessons

Scrapbooking

Amazing Race

Slot Tournament

Blackjack Tournament

Poker Tournament

Super Trivia

Art Auction

Pool Games...Survivor, Hairy Chest Contest, Scavenger Hunt, etc.

Wine Tasting

Country Line Dance Class

Bingo

Name That Tune Trivia

Bean Bag Toss

Dolphin Race

Tea Time w/classical music

Newlywed/Not so Newlywed Game

Who wants to be a Millionaire Game

Sea Feud

Cruise Director Coffee Time

On Deck for the Cure Walk

Adult Water Wars Tournament

Shuffleboard

Ship Building Tournament

Basketball Tournament

Housekeeping Towel Display

Ice Carving Demonstration

Volleyball Tournament

Towel Animal & Napkin Folding Demo

Saturday Night Fever Dance class

Couples Dance class

I am sailing on the Freedom on the July 4, eight day sailing to the western Caribbean. I have never cruised CCL before. In the past I have sailed RCCL, NCL, Princess and Celebrity. I am trying to get as much information as possible to see what activites CCL has during the day since we will be having 4 sea days. I figured the capers would help. If anyone has the capers for the 8 day western sailings of the Freedom please post them if you can. If anyone has any other information regarding this cruise, or opinons of any of the excursions positive or negative, that may help me, it would be much appreciated. Three months and counting! :) Can't wait! :D

Personally, I LOVE the 4 Sea Days! I have done this itinerary 2 times - once on the Legend and again this past Feb on the Freedom.

The Freedom is a wonderful ship! We had a fantastic time! I wrote a review which is on the boards here and also in the member review section. I can post a link if you don't see them.

In addition to the list from a previous poster, there is also a Big Screen on the Lido Deck which shows movies etc.

Not sure what you are interested in as far as excursions go.

In Coz i have done various things over the years from just going to a beach to Swimming with the Dolphins....

In Costa Rica we did the White Water Rafting this past time and LOVED it! Last time we did the Train & Pontoon Jungle tour....liked the Pontoon part much more than the Train (I believe the Pontoon is offered alone for a longer boat ride which I think is better).

I have never booked anything is Panama, although I know many people who have enjoyed themselves on several different tours. I just opted to get off the ship and walk around for a while and then enjoy the afternoon on a quieter Lido Deck!

ENJOY!!

We did the river rafting in CR with Danillo- he was cheapest and better than ship tour.

In Panana, we did canal/rain forest/fort tour. I think it was Okey Dokey, but I forget. Excellent tour, they had snacks and lots of beer in the bus for the tour.

We got to see the Hal Zuiderdam pass through the the locks!

lgmg,

Join our roll call!

Here's a link for the capers:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2201285040015312306XklIvV

Hey those are mine, I wanted to post them, LOL:D

Hope you have a great cruise. You'll notice that Limon Costa Rica is missing. We had to divert to Honduras to evacuate a sick passenger and the time and distance off course, would not allow us to get to C.R. http://travel.webshots.com/album/569820890DQPHvV here's my pics.

Thanks so much for all the information. I have been cruising for years and always read the main member reviews but never did review these post / thread things. :o I really have been missing out on great information. I wondered if in Costa Rica there is any great companies to use for tours. Is Danillo only for white water rafting? and is Okey Doky only for Panama? :confused: I am a little nervous about using someone else other than through the ship just in case of missing the ship or an accident. If I purchase travel insurance and an accident happens that is not through the ship am I still covered?

I am not a negative thinking person by nature however I do like to be informed and not ignorant if I can make sure we are protected just in case. You know what I mean ?:)

Happy sailing :D

I will be on the Freedom this Saturday! I will post pics and a wonderful review when I get back. :D

Down to only 5 days!!!!! WOOHOO :D

I will be watching for your reviews and pics. Please review the excursions you take as well.

Hope your trip is nothing less than fantistic.:D

Ugh, I typed a response and it went poof...

Anyway, shortened version. Great cruise, wonderful ship and staff.

Cozumel - Paradise BEach via taxi. Had a great time and will go back. Great thread on this in the ports section of cruise critic.

Costa Rica - Oscar Brown tours - Zip Lining, banana plantation, lunch on a beach, tour

Panama - My Friend Mario - highly recommend their Embera Indian Villaage and Waterfall tour. Highlight of our trip!

Archived