bobinvan

BobinVan

We shall be sailing on Diamond Princess April 15 from Bangkok. We shall arrive Bangkok airport 2 nights before sailing. Can someone please tell me

1. are there good hotels at the port

2. if we stay at the port area for the 2nights- anything to do there?

3. is it better to go into Bangkok for the 2 nights and then taxi to the port

4. approx cost of taxi from Bangkok to cruise terminal

Is the port on side of airport or across the city? We dont arrive until 22:00 so I am wondering if better to taxi into Bangkok , stay the 2 nights and then taxi to the port for the sailing.

Thanks and cheers, BobinVan

We are on your cruise and are staying at Royal Orchid Sheraton Bangkok (as are several others on our roll call) 6 of us are sharing a van down to the ship from the hotel and total cost is 3000Thai Baht. We are using Tong and I know some others are using Oriental Escape. See you there.

I think you should definitely spend the nights in BKK, there is so much to see and do there. I have been there twice already and can't wait to go back next month. I have stayed both times in the Sukhumvit area and that is where we are staying again. It is very close to the skytrain and subway and also tons of shopping and eating in that area. There are some great hotels with really good prices in that area. We were able to get the FuramaXclusive Asoke Bangkok with a special on expedia for $69 a night and that includes breakfast.

You may also want to check out this website for transfer costs. I am using them in May and have heard good things about them.

orientalescape.com

Thanks to all for replying. We shall stay in Bangkok from what you say. I understand the airport not too far away from the city and since we arrive at about 11 PM, I would think traffic not too bad. We shall stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumit for the two nights and then go to port ( by taxi I assume) to catch the Diamond Princess on April 15. Thanks, BobinVan

Hello Micruiser. Thanks for your remarks about the Sheraton in Bangkok.

Miss Joiie. Thanks also to you about your suggestion re Bangkok. I am lecturing aboard the Diamond and hope we meet. Best regards, BobinVan

Robert Gallacher

Archived