Seattle / Vancouver and Return

kathy&bob

Going on RCCL Serenade 5/16 to 5/23. Will arrive SeaTac 5/14 and leave 5/24, so we do have some extra time, but 5/24 flight is 0700 from Sea Tac.

Looking for idea from folks that live in area or frequent cruisers as to best way to do the transfer. Have seen the Amtrac railroad, both train and bus, busses, ferry boats etc.

Wife wants time in Seattle and Vancover to sight see. Flying out of Fla.

Please go thru Cruise Critic or rdubois16@cfl.rr.com. Thanks, Bob & Kathy

There are bus shuttles and Amtrack. We decided to Rent a car one way. It was not much more and that way we have a car in Vancouver and Seattle. If I had to go and come back I would probably rent the car for the time frame that you spend time in Vancouver and Seattle and use a shuttle for the other direction.

Decide what city you are going to tour on each end. THEN look at the transfer. IF Vancouver your last day, then consider Amtrak. Will need an early cab to Seatac from your lodging. IF Seattle, then consider a one way rental car or Quick Shuttle. You need a downtown Vancouver pick up. I have rented from Avis, Alamo, National, Budget. There is also Hertz. Then make your Seattle plans.

• 1 month later...

We are docking in Vancouver on Saturday, July 25, 2009. Our return flight home is at 5:00 pm on 7/27/09 from Seattle. So, should we do Vancouver or Seattle post cruise? I thought about taking a city tour of Vancouver after docking then driving to Seattle. Or, should we stay 1 night in Vancouver and then drive to Seattle on Sunday? Would we then have enough time in Seattle? Unfortunately, cannot stay any more days post cruise since doing 1 week pre-cruise in Anchorage, Denali, and Mckinely areas. Would appreciate any suggestions?

A very difficult question to answer as only you know what your priorities are. Certainly we can keep you very busy in Vancouver for the day and if you are on the road by 6 am you will be will be in Seattle by 10 am and will have a full day there as well.

Archived