Whats with the pools

4sariba

Is the domed pool on the Spirit heated on the cruise to Alaska? Is it warm enough under the dome to swim?

I actually LIKE the saltwater, but I'm just concerned about the temperature on this cruise.

The only Royal Caribbean ship that has freshwater pools is the Independece of the Seas.

Incorrect. Freedom of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas also have freshwater pools.

All Royal Caribbean ships don't have freshwater pools. Independence of the Seas is the only one.

The only Royal Caribbean ship that has freshwater pools is the Independece of the Seas.

Sorry but you are wrong. RCCL Freedom, Liberty, Independence and (coming soon) Oasis all have fresh water pools.

The difference on Independence is they are heated in the Med. Not the Caribbean. And I have been on 2 of those 3 ships so I am speaking from experience.

Incorrect. Freedom of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas also have freshwater pools.

Sorry but you are wrong. RCCL Freedom, Liberty, Independence and (coming soon) Oasis all have fresh water pools.

The difference on Independence is they are heated in the Med. Not the Caribbean. And I have been on 2 of those 3 ships so I am speaking from experience.

I read it on a website, which said that the Independence of the Seas was the only Royal Caribbean ship to have fresh water pools.

Is the domed pool on the Spirit heated on the cruise to Alaska? Is it warm enough under the dome to swim?

I actually LIKE the saltwater, but I'm just concerned about the temperature on this cruise.

I have heard that the pools on the Spirit are heated for Alaska.

Good point. City water is treated with it, but not at swimming pool levels unless you get your drinking water from the town pool :eek:

I should clarify that they do not add chlorine to the pools, but they use a chlorine generator that extracts chlorine from the saltwater. This is an automatic system that maintains the proper ph and chlorine levels for reasonably healthy pool water. (I used to work for a pool water testing facility)

How long did you work at the pool water testing facility? Tap water is treated @ .5 to 1 parts per million (ppm) A fresh water chlorinated swimming pool is maintained at 1 to 3 ppm. So they can, indeed, have the same amount of chlorine. Furthermore, your body absorbs far more chlorine during a hot shower, where the heat opens up your pores and the chlorine vapor is inhaled as steam, than it would swimming in a chlorinated pool.

I read it on a website, which said that the Independence of the Seas was the only Royal Caribbean ship to have fresh water pools.

Where???? The pools on the Freedom Class are freshwater. ALL 3 of them. Go ask the RCCL board and I can guarantee you will get the same response. Wrona (wrp96) and I do not get a kick back from mentioning the fresh water on RCCL...lol.

There is little that we don't know about those 3 ships. Call it an unhealthy obsession. But I can assure you with 100% certainty that Freedom, Liberty AND Independence are all fresh water.

Im not sure how you can say that you prefer the saltwarer pools.... As for the RCCL ships the pools are drained periodically throughout the cruise so it is not stagnant. Do you actually think people would pay for grimey water on a rccl ship. Please if you have not experienced both then do not offer up anything. Rccl has water desalination onboard that fills the hot tubs and pools with fresh water. I mearly wanted to know if when they take in for drydock do they convert for freshwater pools. I know that this is a cost but for my money traveling with crumb snatchers if is one of the better perks and deciding factors:D

Where???? The pools on the Freedom Class are freshwater. ALL 3 of them. Go ask the RCCL board and I can guarantee you will get the same response. Wrona (wrp96) and I do not get a kick back from mentioning the fresh water on RCCL...lol.

There is little that we don't know about those 3 ships. Call it an unhealthy obsession. But I can assure you with 100% certainty that Freedom, Liberty AND Independence are all fresh water.

I wasn't saying you were wrong, I was just saying that I read it somewhere. I believe you.:D

I wasn't saying you were wrong, I was just saying that I read it somewhere. I believe you.:D

Good, cause I don't want to have to bring back a glass of pool water for you to taste...lol. :p:D

And I took this from the Freedom of the Seas online brochure....

Fresh water pools

All of the swimming pools and whirlpools, including the Flowrider, will

be running on fresh water, in contrast to the traditional seawater operation.

This, of course, brings new challenges for the water production and

management systems, but provides, at the same time, additional comfort

for the guests.

Im not sure how you can say that you prefer the saltwarer pools....

Easily. I like saltwater pools. I like the feeling of it. I think it goes well with cruising. It makes the food taste better. It makes the skin feel better too. Also, it doesn't effect my blonde streaks the way chlorine does.

Is it shocking to you that people don't agree with you?

Easily. I like saltwater pools. I like the feeling of it. I think it goes well with cruising. It makes the food taste better. It makes the skin feel better too. Also, it doesn't effect my blonde streaks the way chlorine does.

To add, chlorine stings my eyes more than saltwater pools and you float better in saltwater pools.

How long did you work at the pool water testing facility? Tap water is treated @ .5 to 1 parts per million (ppm) A fresh water chlorinated swimming pool is maintained at 1 to 3 ppm. So they can, indeed, have the same amount of chlorine. Furthermore, your body absorbs far more chlorine during a hot shower, where the heat opens up your pores and the chlorine vapor is inhaled as steam, than it would swimming in a chlorinated pool.

Ok you got me. I made it all up. This web of lies is gonna come back to bite me eventually.:rolleyes:

I prefer Saltwater pools. Chlorine is hard on your skin, and really hard on the bathing suit. The best pools use salt instead of Bromine and Chlorine in their pools.

where are the best pools that you speak of? Perhaps the Lowes? The Broadmoor? the Biltmore? All FRESH!!

where are the best pools that you speak of? Perhaps the Lowes? The Broadmoor? the Biltmore? All FRESH!!

Where I live, there are many pools. Some use clorine, some use salt. The higher end pools use salt.

If you look on the internet, there is an eternal debate on this. Of course the chemical companies would rather you use clorine and or bromine.

Why do people who pay to go on vacation to islands and go to the beaches and swim in the water there have such an aversion to salt water pools?

Why do they think it is worse than exposing your skin to chemicals?

:confused::confused::confused:

Where I live, there are many pools. Some use clorine, some use salt. The higher end pools use salt.

If you look on the internet, there is an eternal debate on this. Of course the chemical companies would rather you use clorine and or bromine.

Saltwater vs. Chlorine, Pros and Cons

• Salt water is an expense when it is installed, but after that you do not have to add chlorine as salt makes chlorine. This saves you $60.00 for every bucket you buy.

• Salt is softer on your skin.

• The new salt systems are great, as they monitor and clean themselves.

• You also do not have the obnoxious little floater in your pool all the time with salt.

Both systems generate Disinfection By Products (DBP). Both systems are very climate dependent and also vary based on pool usage.

Saltwater vs. Chlorine, Pros and Cons

• Salt water is an expense when it is installed, but after that you do not have to add chlorine as salt makes chlorine. This saves you $60.00 for every bucket you buy.

• Salt is softer on your skin.

• The new salt systems are great, as they monitor and clean themselves.

• You also do not have the obnoxious little floater in your pool all the time with salt.

Both systems generate Disinfection By Products (DBP). Both systems are very climate dependent and also vary based on pool usage.

Don't they have to drain the pool when there is an obnoxious little floater in it? :confused:

Archived