Balmoral in St. Pete's

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anybody has been to St. Petersburg with Balmoral? A few years ago I cruised there with Black Watch, and she was able to berth directly in the centre of the city, which was amazing.

I'm a bit worried that as Balmoral is larger she will have to berth outside the centre at the docks, which are a good distance away from the middle of St. Petersburg.

Has anybody been on a St. Petersburg cruise with Balmoral? If you have please can you help? Will I be in the middle of the city or stuck in an industrial dock at the far end?

Any help you can give would be brilliant.

Hello ,I did St. Petes on Balmoral last July and we where docked outside the city not at the city berth , three American ships were docked at the city berth ,They probably get priority over FO.

However we were docked next to Celebrity and Costa ,it was a long way up the river into the dock area past scrap yards etc .:)

We also docked in an industrial area on Arcadia last year, and were told taxis were not permitted onto the dock area, so were left with little option but ship's tours. The only viable alternative seemed to be one of the tour companies: these are featured on the 'destinations' boards on CC.

Mary

Thanks for your help!

I'm looking forward to my trip later this year and I hope that we manage to get into the heart of the city, if not I'm sure we will have a great time anyway!

I think with the whole Russian Visa situation I will settle for FO provided tours, when I cruised with Black Watch they were very entertaining and informative (although I do remember our old delapidated and very beige coach being dwarfed by a sleek silver beast ferrying lucky Regent Seven Seas passengers about - how the other half live!!!)

:D

Archived