Fuel Levy Rebates

Robbo123

Going on 9th April to Barbados - booked over a year ago, when we were charge a fuel surcharge. I thought I read somewhere these would be refunded / added to cabin allowances if the fuel fell to under £40 a barrell, or something similar.

Has anyone had that information confirmed at all, if so how?

Thanks

Going on 9th April to Barbados - booked over a year ago, when we were charge a fuel surcharge. I thought I read somewhere these would be refunded / added to cabin allowances if the fuel fell to under £40 a barrell, or something similar.

Has anyone had that information confirmed at all, if so how?

Thanks

Hi Steve,

How do you tell if you paid the surcharge or not. We booked in March last year, but I don't remember anything about a fuel surcharge. I did see something about 6 weeks ago on Fred's website however that they were refunding any surcharges paid in the form of onboard credit.

It'll be a nice surprise if there's extra credit. They were offering £150 when we booked so any extra will be welcome to stop the plastic from going into melt down.

cheers

Sue

Hi Steve,

How do you tell if you paid the surcharge or not. We booked in March last year, but I don't remember anything about a fuel surcharge. I did see something about 6 weeks ago on Fred's website however that they were refunding any surcharges paid in the form of onboard credit.

It'll be a nice surprise if there's extra credit. They were offering £150 when we booked so any extra will be welcome to stop the plastic from going into melt down.

cheers

Sue

Hi Sue

Found it on the t/a breakdown, something in the region of £42.50 each (we booked in February last year). That witht eh £150 will be very nice.

See you Friday in the lounge, if not before

Steve

Passengers on Braemar 19 mar - 2 April had notes advising surcharge refund stuck on their cabin doors (I read one!), they definitely got it back by way of 'cabin spend'.

Thank you sagalout, looks like a few more pennies to spend then. Hope you had a good time on the Braemar

Hi Sue

Found it on the t/a breakdown, something in the region of £42.50 each (we booked in February last year). That witht eh £150 will be very nice.

See you Friday in the lounge, if not before

Steve

Steve

Ours is the same as yours, thats another £85.

How much is a bottle of house red in the restaurant

Then I can calculate how much we need to drink to spend it, its a hard life.

David & Sheila

Steve

Ours is the same as yours, thats another £85.

How much is a bottle of house red in the restaurant

Then I can calculate how much we need to drink to spend it, its a hard life.

David & Sheila

David & Sheila if it was £5, and a bottle a night, then that will last the 17 days! But you may want to spend the extra and go for a more top notch, in which case we will come and find you :)

Have a good flight

Steve & Jan

look towards 12/14 per bottle They did have wine tasting on our last cruise for a fiver , not bad 6 wines , But that was a wine flagship, ours is comedy so unless the wine is a laugh (lambrusco ) i think we will miss out

steve

David & Sheila if it was £5, and a bottle a night, then that will last the 17 days! But you may want to spend the extra and go for a more top notch, in which case we will come and find you :)

Have a good flight

Steve & Jan

Steve & Jan

Plus the other £150 Hic!!

David

In line with the falling price of oil in recent weeks, Fred. Olsen has eliminated all fuel cost surcharges on bookings made on or after 17th December 2008. Passengers who have already booked for 2009/10 will continue to be refunded the full amount of the fuel surcharge payment in the form of onboard spending credits as previously advised.

Fred. Olsen operates a fleet of five ships mostly on cruises from the UK; however two are currently operating a winter season of fly/cruises in the Caribbean.

Regards Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines

• 2 weeks later...

I have just returned from the Celtic Spring cruise on BLACK WATCH. On the second night there was a note pushed under the door confirming my fuel surchange refund which was duely applied to the account.

Archived