Mazatlan...Vista tours..

kelz66

We booked a tour through Johannes and Sandra. They contract out to tour companies in each city. In Mazatlan, it turned out to be Vista Tours. For that reason, I can't comment on how long they take to respond.

Upon arriving at the port, most of the tour companies carried a sign so you could find them. Vista Tours didn't do that but one of the other tour companies told us to wait and they would find us if we were seated in a particular area. The driver did come and tranported us and another couple back to their headquarters. This other couple had used them before and thought highly of them so we felt better.

We took the city tour. We had a nice young man named Marco as our guide. We did stop at a "fire opal" shop for a brief break (bathroom and free drinks.) Of course, the hope was that someone would also make a purchase. I think we were there about 20 minutes.

The rest of the tour was very nice. The tour did end earlier than expected but we thought we had received a nice overview of the city without being constantly harrassed to buy something (as we found on a different tour in Puerto Vallarta.)

I was pleased with this tour. I would feel safe going with them. (Would not say the same for Tani Tours in Puerto Vallarta.)

Archived