Where to stay in Oahu?

mrr210

I will be in Oahu for two nights in February and am trying to figure out where the best place to stay someplace that is relatively quiet and a little bit away from the hustle and bustle of Waikikki. (I am concerned about too much street noise - I live in NYC and want to get away from this). The JW Marriott at Ko Olina was one choice, but I believe they are booked during the nights I need to stay. Another option is Turtle Bay on the north shore, but I think that might be too far away. I am interested from hearing from anyone who has found a nice somewhat removed place to stay in oahu, even if it is near waikkiki. THanks!

The Kahala Mandarin could fit the bill. It's about 20 minutes outside of Waikiki and the service is fabulous as is the food. The beach is nice for swimming - not snorkeling or surfing. The pool is adequate but the overall ambiance is very nice. The rooms are big with beautiful views

If the Ihilani isn't open, then the Kahala Mandarin Oriental will probably work pretty good for your purposes though it still may be too "hustle and bustle" for your taste. Still it's away from Waikiki so that ought to be pretty good. And I have nothing but good things to say about the Kahala. If you're looking for snorkeling, go towards the right while you're looking at the ocean - the snorkeling off Kahala Beach is actually pretty decent. I used to do a fair amount of fish collecting in the area.

Spleen

Archived