Did anybody else come home with virus?

50thBdayCruise

We had a WONDERFUL vacation on POA the week of March 7th. In spite of religiously using the hand sanitizer, we still both came home with a bad upper respiratory infection. I was in bed for almost two weeks with bronchitis. Just now back to functioning "normally" again.

Will write a review in a day or two.

Donna and Vic

We had a WONDERFUL vacation on POA the week of March 7th. In spite of religiously using the hand sanitizer, we still both came home with a bad upper respiratory infection. I was in bed for almost two weeks with bronchitis. Just now back to functioning "normally" again.

Will write a review in a day or two.

Donna and Vic

Probably got it on the plane. recirculating air and all.. 200 people

We got back a week ago last Saturday from 3 weeks in Hawaii, and within 3 days I was sick. I, too, blame the plane ride. I'm still coughing, hacking, and wheezing.:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Turns out, when I recovered from the bronchitis, I came down with pneumonia.

My doctor said "more people come home from Hawaii sick". He says it's the airplane.

That's it! I'm buying Airborn tomorrow.

I swear by Airborne. Saw a lady on last flight mixing it up on board!

Had a fellow sitting behind me to FLL that coughed and hacked all the way. Not only was it irritating to listen to, I kept wishing I was on the return flight and not the one on way to vacation if I had to catch something. Fortunately, I did not get sick. I know sometimes coughs come unexpectedly, but this fellow obviously, as strong as it was, knew he had one and should have taken cough medicine or cough drops on board. If he did take syrup prior, he needs to change brands.

That's it! I'm buying Airborn tomorrow.

I swear by Airborne. Saw a lady on last flight mixing it up on board!

What is airborne? This upper respiratory infection is every where it seems. I am recovering from it and have been no where near Hawaii.

The owner of the condo we stayed in on the Big Island tells me that it's all over his area near Seattle, and my son and wife have it in Quebec. I'm at the end of my fourth week, and still have a bit of a sore throat and cough.:mad:

Airborne that I use is kind of like Alka Seltzer tablet. There are some new versions out too. You mix it with water and it fizzes away. It was invented by a school teacher. You can get it at Walmart and also can buy a cheaper no name version. You should take it at first sign of illness or if you are going to be around a bunch of people - or trapped on a plane for 9 hours :eek: like I will be in September!

But... HOORAY!!!!!!

Hope you that are sick feel better soon.

Airborne that I use is kind of like Alka Seltzer tablet. There are some new versions out too. You mix it with water and it fizzes away. It was invented by a school teacher. You can get it at Walmart and also can buy a cheaper no name version. You should take it at first sign of illness or if you are going to be around a bunch of people - or trapped on a plane for 9 hours :eek: like I will be in September!

But... HOORAY!!!!!!

Hope you that are sick feel better soon.

What is it effective for? Sorry for all the questions. I have never heard of it and wonder what it's for. Trying to be pro-active and informed.

I haven't used Airborne but have heard about it. From their web site it's a mixture of vitamines/minerals/herbs to help ward off infections.

I take zinc at the first sign of a cold (don't know if it helps.. but I do it). I'm going to take Airborne this trip to have the extra support, just in case. Hey, I'm going to Hawaii :D. If I don't get sick I'll blame it on the Airborne. :)

I haven't used Airborne but have heard about it. From their web site it's a mixture of vitamines/minerals/herbs to help ward off infections.

I take zinc at the first sign of a cold (don't know if it helps.. but I do it). I'm going to take Airborne this trip to have the extra support, just in case. Hey, I'm going to Hawaii :D. If I don't get sick I'll blame it on the Airborne. :)

If the Airborne doesn't work, try two mai tais and a hula. :)

Have a great trip!

I do about 5 RT flights to and from Hawaii a year and 90% of the time when I get home I get sick. Those darn plane rides. Cold eze is another good thing.

Hey James, if you get sick 90% of the time, I guess nothing is really working well for you, Cold eze or Airborne. Ha

I like your blog and videos. Keep up the good work.

Aloha

James,

Read on your blog ( fantastic by the way and thanks! ) that you flew from Honolulu to Maui. We are doing that in a couple of weeks. Do you know how much earlier you have to arrive at the airport to check in for that flight as it is such a short one? Hope you don't have to be there like 90 minutes before flight time. Would appreciate any you can give. Thanks ahead of time.

James,

Read on your blog ( fantastic by the way and thanks! ) that you flew from Honolulu to Maui. We are doing that in a couple of weeks. Do you know how much earlier you have to arrive at the airport to check in for that flight as it is such a short one? Hope you don't have to be there like 90 minutes before flight time. Would appreciate any you can give. Thanks ahead of time.

I say about an hour is fine. They have flights so often it doesn't make much difference.

Hey James, if you get sick 90% of the time, I guess nothing is really working well for you, Cold eze or Airborne. Ha

I like your blog and videos. Keep up the good work.

Aloha

haha yes...my cure is sleeping on the couch for 2 days. Works everytime! I'm a little worried when I go home in July though because the next day I leave home for Australia so I better not get sick.

Archived