Century November 2005

Italian Nancy

We just sailed on the Summit (Nov 5-15th), since there are very limited 10 day cruises in 2005, looks like the Century is our only option. After being on the Summit, will we be disappointed in the ship ??

The have an oceanview cabin on the Vista deck, at the AFT of the ship, no balcony, 9145 I think is the cabin number, anyone know about this cabin.

We just sailed on the Summit (Nov 5-15th), since there are very limited 10 day cruises in 2005, looks like the Century is our only option. After being on the Summit, will we be disappointed in the ship ??

The have an oceanview cabin on the Vista deck, at the AFT of the ship, no balcony, 9145 I think is the cabin number, anyone know about this cabin.

Like you, I am a bit unhappy that the Summit will not be doing the longer Caribbean trips after this year.

However, having been on the Summit, you might prefer the Galaxy to the Century (the Galaxy will now be running longer warm climate trips out of Galveston, but you if you are searching by destination, you need to look at "Panama" instead of "Caribbean" to see them -- anything that even touches Panama gets stuck there), but everyone has different preferences.

Some actually prefer the ship layout of the Galaxy and sister ship to the Millennium class Summit. It's very nearly as large and is also nicely appointed. Service has always been top notch. We've sailed both classes of ships, and they both have their high points. The Galaxy also commands lower fares. Take a long look at these options first. As you do, we also like to travel at about this time of year, and you'll find quite a number of 11 and 12 night runs that will take you to Mexico, Panama, Costa Rica, Jamaica, and Grand Cayman and some alternate itineraries. Check them out at http://www.celebrity.com/res/quick_reserve.asp?f=SHIP&s=62C62BDBCE&m=11&y=2005&find.x=18&find.y=11 and click on either November or December for the Galaxy. I think you'll like what you see for fares and itineraries.

BTW -- Your Cabin # on the Century seems askew. 9145 would be an interior cabin amidships. Best to shoot us another number.

I honestly can't imagine anybody being disappointed with Century.:)

I read new century's itineraries're wonderful.

I did have the cabin incorrect, should be 9245 ??

Will check out your other suggestions, Ft. Lauderdale is easier to get to from Toronto than Galveston though.

9245 is a nice one. You'll have a bit more space than some of the other cabins in a similar price range.

Granted, you can get a non-stop from Toronto to FLL, but you can get many to Houston (which is where you go when doing Galveston), too. United, Continental, and your home grown Air Canada will all bring you down easily enough for between $350 and $375, and a fair bit cheaper if you don't mind a one stop. Do your searches as YTO <-> HOU.

Archived