Tell me about suites on Jade

DMH15

I am considering the Jade and would like a suite where my mom and I could each have our own space. It seems like all the pics I have seen either have one big room with a curtain or where one room is big and the second is tiny with no window. We loved our AC on the Sun but I can't find anything remotely similar on the Jade? Am I missing something?

Also, all the pics look like those rooms are practcay neon! The colors look extremely bright!

Thanks for the help! (This is my first new post.)

Only ONE suite gives the other person a totally separate cabin - sort of. That is the Garden Villa.

There are a few others that have a 2nd cabin, sleeping area but it is much less than the main part. It has a master bedroom with a king bed. And a wonderful bath with windows on the ocean. The other bedroom is small with choice of pull out sofa or pull down pullman type. Regular bath. Either way, lots of money.

The regular balcony can have separate beds and one bath. The mini suite has a curtain that separates the sitting area in case of variable sleeping times.

Thanks, garycarla

We want a suite with Cagney's breakfast so mini or balcony are out. As much as I'd love the GV unless we could talk one of the other couples in my family into going I doubt we'd spring for the GV. What does NCL have against doors (as opposed to curtains)?

Thanks, garycarla

We want a suite with Cagney's breakfast so mini or balcony are out. As much as I'd love the GV unless we could talk one of the other couples in my family into going I doubt we'd spring for the GV. What does NCL have against doors (as opposed to curtains)?

the mini suite is not big enough to have a door between the bed and the sitting area.

garycarla

I agree with you on that! We had one on the Dawn and it felt like (with the curtain closed) that I had an inside and mom had a balcony! And the curtain did nothing to block noise and of course, no Cagney's breakfast. But I find it funny owner's suite only has a curtain... No privacy!

We are two people we just don't want to sleep together!

Mom snores and I talk in my sleep. What a pair! I guess we just got lucky on the Sun. Thanks for all of your replies! I appreciate it.

I don't know what the previous poster is taking about. I just got off the Jade, having spent 9 days in the Garden Villa and 7 in a Courtyard Villa, and there are many suites with doors and for four or more that include Cagney's breakfast and lunches.

Eight Courtyard Villas (A3) and the 10 AB cabins each have a door (in fact three doors) between the bedrooms. There's a door between the master bath and the living room, a door between the living room and the entry foyer and another door between the entry foyer and the second bedroom. The second bedroom is like any inside cabin, (less a couch and makeup table) with a regular batroom/shower,sink.

The master bath has (only) a curtain between it, and the master bed.

I don't know what the previous poster is taking about. I just got off the Jade, having spent 9 days in the Garden Villa and 7 in a Courtyard Villa, and there are many suites with doors and for four or more that include Cagney's breakfast and lunches.

Eight Courtyard Villas (A3) and the 10 AB cabins each have a door (in fact three doors) between the bedrooms. There's a door between the master bath and the living room, a door between the living room and the entry foyer and another door between the entry foyer and the second bedroom. The second bedroom is like any inside cabin, (less a couch and makeup table) with a regular batroom/shower,sink.

The master bath has (only) a curtain between it, and the master bed.

I think possibly because DMH15 wrote this:

It seems like all the pics I have seen either have one big room with a curtain or where one room is big and the second is tiny with no window. We loved our AC on the Sun but I can't find anything remotely similar on the Jade? Am I missing something?

The AB/A3 is exactly the "one room is big and the second is tiny with no window" and all other suites do not have two separate bedrooms. It sounds like DMH15 wants a suite with two equivalent bedrooms? I've not been on the Sun, so I have no idea what the AC is like.

beachchick

The AB or A3 with the small room are the only options on the Jewel class for two seperate bedrooms.

The small room with a inside cabin sized bath is fine for sleeping once you get the extra padding on the bed.

So if sleeping is the main reason for the need for two bedrooms then with the living room you have three spaces so plenty of room to share.

I am considering the Jade and would like a suite where my mom and I could each have our own space. It seems like all the pics I have seen either have one big room with a curtain or where one room is big and the second is tiny with no window. We loved our AC on the Sun but I can't find anything remotely similar on the Jade? Am I missing something?

Also, all the pics look like those rooms are practcay neon! The colors look extremely bright!

Thanks for the help! (This is my first new post.)

We have been in both the AC on the Sun and the AB on the Jade. I would think the AB would suit you very well. The second bedroom is tiny, but adequate for sleeping space - just make sure you add an egg crate to the sofabed as it is a bit hard. The second bathroom will come in handy with two women, although there is plenty of space in the master bath for both to get ready, apply makeup, etc. I shared an AB (on the Pearl, same setup) with my daughter and her friend, and none of us were overly modest and shared most spaces. The toughest problem would be to decide who gets the master bedroom, and who gets the tiny bedroom!

To get an idea of the AB setup compared to the AC on the Sun - The AB actually has three rooms compared to the AC's two. The square footage on the AB is larger than the Sun's AC. The AB has four TV's compared to the AC's two (may be significant to some). The AB master bedroom and bath (combined, can be separated by a curtain) are larger than the AC's bedroom and bathroom, but there is no balcony door in the bedroom like the AC has. The balcony of the AB is much smaller than the AC's. The living room in the AB is slightly larger than the AC LR, but set up in a MUCH more useful way. It contains a sofa, two chairs, plus a dining table for four. The sofa is actually very comfortable to sit on (unlike some other ship's ABs) and it also folds out to a bed (didn't try it but looked). The second bedroom is very small - with the bed open there is not much more room, but has a small TV and reading lights, etc. The second bath is about equivalent to a bath of an inside cabin - small but adequate. The closet in the small bedroom is VERY small, but there is plenty of extra storage in the master bed/bath. The colors on the Jade are brighter than those on the Sun, but we never found them garish, just more updated - a lot of magenta (some orange and pink but not as bright as you might think) in our AB. All the space is easily shared - we are even considering an AB for a cruise with my BIL and SIL, who cannot afford to cruise with us otherwise - as I said, it's really only sleeping space that separates the two couples' experiences.

Robin

Thank you, garycarla, Cruiserssince87, beachchick, insidecabin, Fishbait17 and dman.

I think the AB is similar in layout to the Courtyard Villas on the Jewel. I visited friends in that suite and it was nice. I agree the two bedrooms are not equal. Unfortunately, I could not sleep in that small bedroom, I am VERY claustrophobic. And although my mom would probably sleep in there and let me have the larger, I would feel bad. One of the things she loved in our AC on the Sun was napping with the balcony door open and hearing the wake. On the Sun I took the bedroom and offered to switch in a week, but she actually preferred the living room. We also loved that huge balcony. I brought my small blender and made frozen cosmopolitans in the room. We had pretty much decided to do the 201 0 Caribbean cruise on the Sun again to get our same room (at least same setup, maybe another cabin) but we had been considering the itinerary with Alexandria. Africa will be my 7th continent and my mom really wants to see Egypt and the pyramids. With the very small balcony on the Jade, maybe we would need to consider the CV instead, so we can have use of the courtyard. I keep moving my mom up in categories. We started with an outside room, progressed to the mini suite and then to the AC. Now we agree we are “suite people”. We loved the Il Adagio (the Sun does not have Cagney’s) breakfast and mom says she will never cruise again without a balcony. We both like tio spend some down time in the cabin, so it is important to us to have the “right fit”. Thank you so much. It gives us a lot to consider.

And all, thank you for taking the time to give us this information. It is very helpful and much appreciated. I appreciate your wisdom and sharing attitudes.

If you take a Courtyard Villa and your mom loves napping by the open balcony, then she can certainly nap on the couch in the living room near the balcony. She couldn't hear much from the Main BR anyway. The lower bed in the 2nd BR is a full-size, not a twin.

Plus, the Courtyard is a wonderful place to relax, is RIGHT outside your door and is protected from the sun but, unless it's raining, has plenty of fresh air and is quite quiet.

I BELIEVE the Deluxe Owner's Suite which is the only cabin on deck 15 does NOT have a 2nd BR, but does have a lovely balcony overlooking the pool.

The Garden Villa is a lot of cabin for 2 people, and will run boo-coo bucks each. Still, it's the best of all. Your mom could nap in the Living room with the sliding doors open to the garden, or in the garden, or in either of the back rooms she could open the door to the balcony there.

All 3 have Cagney's breakfast, Courtyard privileges, and Concierge/Butler service (and Ruthie is one of, if not THE best concierge!)

If you take a Courtyard Villa and your mom loves napping by the open balcony, then she can certainly nap on the couch in the living room near the balcony. She couldn't hear much from the Main BR anyway.

Same with the AB. I was injured during our cruise and spent two sleepless painful nights lying on the sofa. I watched movies all night long with the balcony door open and hubby never even heard me from the bedroom. It was nice to have access to the other bathroom and the "kitchen" area without disturbing him.

Robin

Archived