Jewel Cabin Question Deck 9

lawgirl

Hello! We have booked cabin 9618 on the Jewel. This is on the right side of the ship (I never can remember the nautical terms!) There are inside staterooms across the hall, but they are situated between the balcony rooms on the left and the right. I cannot tell if the doors to the inside rooms open towards our room or are on the other hall, opening to the rooms on the left side of the ship. I hope this isn't too confusing. Can anyone help? Thanks.

I don't know which side the doors open towards but I do know that

Right side is Starboard and left side is port. Easy way to remember this is

"left" has four letters and so does "port" so.....

the other side has to be starboard.

Bill

We just returned from the Jewel and had 2 cabins, Deck 9 on the starboard side. My husband and I were in the D1 balcony cabin and the kids were across the hall in the inside. In other words...the doors to the inside cabins on deck 9 open to the Starboard side. Enjoy!

We are travelling with 2 other families who will have inside cabins across the hall. The answer to this question was very important to us as well, since we would have booked cabins on the port side if these cabins opened to the port side. Our TA called RCCL and assured us the cabins across the hall open to the Starboard side.

Hello! We will have the same room as you had! Glad to hear it was nice. Quick question - was it loud? We are concerned that there are cabins across the hall from us - we just got off the Caribbena Princess with very rowdy kids in all the inside cabins across from us. We were hoping for a quieter experience this time around! Is there a CD or DVD player in the room? Thanks!

Archived