Prepaid debit cards

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone had used a Fairfx card (pre paid debit card) to pay off their sea pass at the end of the cruise?

It does have a Mastercard logo and is accepted in most other places, but the last thing i want to do is buy dollars to put onto the card and it not be accepted on the ship.

I would prefer to use this instead of a credit card, as i will have a fixed rate on exchanging pounds to dollars and i will know exactly how many dollars i have to spend.

Thank you

Rachel

Hi,

According to this link if the card has a Mastercard logo it will be accepted. However I think there may be an issue in using the card to obtain your setsail pass. I would confirm this with RCCL rather than take a chance :

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000PU2giXzXncAcxaqHk_YbNso:13hldcctq;jsessionid=0000-NJ3uF1PWbr7jy5OJrlv6DL:12hdhu6tq?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=265&faqSubjectId=337&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Extras&faqType=faq

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone had used a Fairfx card (pre paid debit card) to pay off their sea pass at the end of the cruise?

It does have a Mastercard logo and is accepted in most other places, but the last thing i want to do is buy dollars to put onto the card and it not be accepted on the ship.

I would prefer to use this instead of a credit card, as i will have a fixed rate on exchanging pounds to dollars and i will know exactly how many dollars i have to spend.

Thank you

Rachel

Does the card (or will the card) have your name printed on it? It appears that cards that do not have names printed on them are the ones that are rejected.

I hope this works out for you. It sounds like a much more sensible way to spend money on board. That fixed exchange rate is a great idea!

I think it's also a great idea to keep the spending to a minimum. :p

I hope this works out for you. It sounds like a much more sensible way to spend money on board. That fixed exchange rate is a great idea!

I think it's also a great idea to keep the spending to a minimum. :p

They are a really good idea. I used it last year when i went to Florida and would highly recommend Fairfx!

Obviously it was much better when the dollar rate was 1.80, but that can't be helped. You can check how much you have spent by going online, or by text and you can top up your account very easily.

Rachel

x

Beware....the cruise lines do pre-approvals on all cards for certain dollar amounts. This is done periodically through the cruise. If that pre-approval is more than your pre-paid card, or more than your daily withdrawal allowance, the card can be frozen...therefore, your OBC is frozen.

Archived