Best quiet balcony room on Pearl?

whival

Hi all,

We are planning to book a 14 day Eastern and Western Caribbean cruise on the Pearl. We have always done inner staterooms before, but this time we're going to splurge and get a balcony. I would really like a quiet room with a great balcony. Where are the best balconies on the ship.

Thanks!

I had an aft BA balcony on Deck 9. It was great - quiet, very little traffic in the corridors, and a great view!

Agreed , thats your best location for quiet and you cant beat the veiw ;)

Edit::; And I forgot you will have the smell of baked bread and cookies drifting down from above ( on the Pearl)

Agreed , thats your best location for quiet and you cant beat the veiw ;)Edit::; And I forgot you will have the smell of baked bread and cookies drifting down from above ( on the Pearl)

??? No fair! I never smelled bread or cookies :( *sniff* ;)

The only thing about AFT is that it's a lonnnnng ways to walk to the other end of the ship...for the spa, and other restaurants, or Spinnakers. The Garden Cafe was handy though! :D

I had an aft BA balcony on Deck 9. It was great - quiet, very little traffic in the corridors, and a great view!

I'll take ANY AFT Balcony Cabin, on any ship, in any fleet, at any time. Watching the wake is intoxicating, it's totally quiet, the balcony tends to be somewhat larger then comparable balcony's on the "sides" of the ship ... need I go on?

Michael

I am thinking just about any balcony room will be quiet. Some of the BA cabins might be under kitchen or pool deck, which is why we "downgraded" to a BB. Same cabin, just one level lower. check out deck plans at ncl.com

I am thinking just about any balcony room will be quiet. Some of the BA cabins might be under kitchen or pool deck, which is why we "downgraded" to a BB. Same cabin, just one level lower. check out deck plans at ncl.com

We'll be in a BA midship on the "Dawn" for an early May trip to Bermuda from NYC. It'll be our first time on the Dawn, but have heard anecdotally that the deck 10 BA's are quiet and that we'll enjoy the location very much.

Obviously, if there is indeed a noise issue -- at least, something that my notorious hit or miss hearing can actually pick up -- I'll make sure to say something on Cruise Critic when we get back.

Michael & Silke

I wish people would stop sharing how great the AFT cabins are!!!:p

(Coming from someone who came home from one on a Sunday and booked the next on Monday)

Pros:

Private

Bigger Balcony

Low-traffic hallways

Great Views

Cons:

More "motion" than other areas of the ship

Far away / not a central location to elevators, stairs, dining rooms, etc.

Occaisional "soot" from the ship's exhaust

If you fall overboard, less likely to be spotted by other pax :eek:

Archived