pools

cblcop

Will the pools ever be salt free. It seems like with all technology these days it would be a simple process. It may be a money thing. I thought I would just throw this out there.

It's a simple, and sanitary, thing to drain the pool each evening, clean it and refill it.

When you think about the pumps, filters and chemicals required for a chlorinated pool I think both cost and complexity were considerations for salt water pools...

Why do people who pay to go on a cruise to various islands and go to the beach and go into the water there have such an aversion to salt water pools?

They would rather be exposed to harsh chemicals?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Will the pools ever be salt free. It seems like with all technology these days it would be a simple process. It may be a money thing. I thought I would just throw this out there.

No, the pools are not salt free but on the Freedom at least they have showers right at the pool deck where you can rinse off.

Why do people who pay to go on a cruise to various islands and go to the beach and go into the water there have such an aversion to salt water pools?

They would rather be exposed to harsh chemicals?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I sold my hot tub because I was allergic to the chemicals... foo...

I do fine in the on board pools, however!!!

:)

Salt is Sodium Chloride. Freshwater pools are chlorinated by Chloride. Why remove a component that cleans water?

I hope they keep the salt water pools. I prefer them.

The salt water is actually supposed to be better for your skin, no harsh chemicals, I work in construction and people are actually opting for salt water pools in the new homes now. As one of the other posters said it is also much more efficient and clean for the cruise lines than trying to maintain a chlorinated pool. Its not so bad, all the ships I've been on have the showers right at poolside to rinse so you aren't sticky!! And being on the ship in the sunshine and even the salt water pool is better than working any day!!!!

The salt water is actually supposed to be better for your skin, no harsh chemicals, I work in construction and people are actually opting for salt water pools in the new homes now. As one of the other posters said it is also much more efficient and clean for the cruise lines than trying to maintain a chlorinated pool. Its not so bad, all the ships I've been on have the showers right at poolside to rinse so you aren't sticky!! And being on the ship in the sunshine and even the salt water pool is better than working any day!!!!

People choose the salt water filtration system because it is easier and cheaper to maintain.......yeah my pool guy tried to talk me into it;)

QM2 has fresh water pools. For the same amount of $$ for an inside on that ship per day I can get a suite on Carnival.

I do not mind the salt, I just wish they were warmer sometimes.

But not a big deal to me.

Tom in Long Beach

Give me a break people. I just asked a simple question. as for salt water, I live 2 miles from the beach and go to the beach alot in the summer. I have a 7 year old daughter on our last cruise the salt was really burning her eyes (She was wearing goggles) but some water did get into her eyes. As for puckered up cruises. I have been on over 20 cruises all but 3 on Carnival. I have a cruise booked on Carnival this September and prefer Carnival to the other Cruise lines. This was a simple Question that I asked. I didn't Intend on ruffling anyones feathers. Thank you to the posters who answered my question on why the pools are salt water. Happy Cruising. See ya in the VIP check in line or will I.

Give me a break people. I just asked a simple question. as for salt water, I live 2 miles from the beach and go to the beach alot in the summer. I have a 7 year old daughter on our last cruise the salt was really burning her eyes (She was wearing goggles) but some water did get into her eyes. As for puckered up cruises. I have been on over 20 cruises all but 3 on Carnival. I have a cruise booked on Carnival this September and prefer Carnival to the other Cruise lines. This was a simple Question that I asked. I didn't Intend on ruffling anyones feathers. Thank you to the posters who answered my question on why the pools are salt water. Happy Cruising. See ya in the VIP check in line or will I.

This topic comes up once a day. There are several threads on it. It's like talking about passports, smuggling liquor, and chair hogs. People get sick of discussing the same things over and over again.

Archived