Cruise critic reunion sat may 16th southampton

southwestie

had a great time meeting you all, usua;lly i stay to see the ships but not this time. i heard the horns from the station platform,. if another one is planned please keepme advised.

llooking forward to msc ORCHESTRA on monday and copenhagen for a few days.

thanks again

dave

had a great time meeting you all, usua;lly i stay to see the ships but not this time. i heard the horns from the station platform,. if another one is planned please keepme advised.

llooking forward to msc ORCHESTRA on monday and copenhagen for a few days.

thanks again

dave

We had great fun today, thanks for coming, it was hugh pleasure meeting you today, we too heard the horns from I think oceana.

would love to do this again, and sure your invited

just name the time and date, as long as i am not working. giot my ticket for the steam train for saturday. the winds look strong for dover tomorrow hope she gets in ok.

dave

Hope you great fun on that cruise,maybe you will see us on the tornado on June 21st

Just back home. Thanks Rob for organising a great lunch. Lovely to meet you all. Enjoy Copenhagen Dave - it is one of my favourite cities.

We had great fun, a pleasure meeting you and Di as well, hope you got all you wanted on your shopping trip as well.:)

Hi Everyone

It was lovely to meet you all and have such a superb lunch in such good company and in a wonderful location.

Unfortunately we missed the ships horns when the ships left......we were already deep into the shopping :) ......not with much success :( ! We walked so far that I had to buy another pair of sandals to help my poor feet out! We did enjoy watching the Ikea and Red Funnel ferries coming in a and out from the hotel window though.

Only very annoying part of the weekend was standing in the wind and pouring rain outside the Maritime Museum waiting for it to open at 1pm on Sunday. It didn't:mad:. When telephoning the TIC we were told that it isn't opening on Sundays at the moment, could they be bothered to put this on their website or even put a notice up at the museum, no. There is a strongly worded letter on its way to the CEO of Southampton Council!

Again thanks for such a great lunch.

Di

Hi Everyone

It was lovely to meet you all and have such a superb lunch in such good company and in a wonderful location.

Unfortunately we missed the ships horns when the ships left......we were already deep into the shopping :) ......not with much success :( ! We walked so far that I had to buy another pair of sandals to help my poor feet out! We did enjoy watching the Ikea and Red Funnel ferries coming in a and out from the hotel window though.

Only very annoying part of the weekend was standing in the wind and pouring rain outside the Maritime Museum waiting for it to open at 1pm on Sunday. It didn't:mad:. When telephoning the TIC we were told that it isn't opening on Sundays at the moment, could they be bothered to put this on their website or even put a notice up at the museum, no. There is a strongly worded letter on its way to the CEO of Southampton Council!

Again thanks for such a great lunch.

Di

Well Im really peased you enjoyed lunch, It was a great location, thanks to Jim for that info, it was wonderful meeting you, sorry about the shopping though, lifes a bitch sometimes eh, and the horns lol, as for the Museum, a note on door at least,

If you decide to come to see the Museum again, let us know, maybe we can meet up enroute or in southampton

I think Country Lass is forgetting her personal shopping did it again !! Not in Southampton I admit, but in Salisbury. I am sure we will be in Southampton again sometime Rob. I was surprised how nice it was actually - never having got beyond the docks before !

I think Country Lass is forgetting her personal shopping did it again !! Not in Southampton I admit, but in Salisbury. I am sure we will be in Southampton again sometime Rob. I was surprised how nice it was actually - never having got beyond the docks before !

Its a nice city now, when we lived in christchurch, we shopped, cinema etc there and not Bournemouth, much better.

Well you know where we are, we can meet up for a meal, shopping, drink, maybe all in that order LOL

It sounds as though all went well and I am sorry I could not be there but as mentioned some time back I had a prior engagement at Newbury Races. It would have cost a lot less money to have attended the reunion:D If it happens again, and October has been muted, I will try and be there. I'll be in Southampton on 27th May to board QV.

It sounds as though all went well and I am sorry I could not be there but as mentioned some time back I had a prior engagement at Newbury Races. It would have cost a lot less money to have attended the reunion:D If it happens again, and October has been muted, I will try and be there. I'll be in Southampton on 27th May to board QV.

I dont see why not, for October, I will look into it

I dont see why not, for October, I will look into it

Ok I have booked the resturant for Friday 23rd October 2009, when the QM2 returns from the round Britain cruise, and leave for the next cruise, I will make a new post for this

Archived