First Royal Caribbean Cruise coming up!

We will be traveling our first Royal Caribbean Cruise in a couple months on Enchantment of the Seas on May30 on a 5 night.

We have never been on Royal before and a little nervous.

Traveling as 2adt and 3chd ages 16, 15 and 3. (my 15yr old son is bringing a friend and they will have their own room)

Any advice for first time Royal cruisers?

Thanks!!!

I see you have cruised Disney several times. Just know that you will probably see many people acting Goofy but Royal Caribbean is no Mickey Mouse cruise line.

Joking aside..read as many post as you can to become familiar with RCI. Join the roll call and ask questions. As you probably already now there is a ton of info here. Enjoy!

I, also, will be taking my first Royal cruise (on Enchantment) in August. Up until now, have only cruised Carnival.

I hope you will come back after your cruise and give us an update. I would love to hear your feedback.

:) Hi

Have only had experience with RCI so can't copmpare with other lines. Can only say we had a great time on Enchantment last year resulting in us booking B2B this year on Freadom. Any one we have spoken to who has been on different lines had a ball on RCI.

Our grandson was with us but he was a little younger only 7 but there are areas on board for the age group who are travelling with you.

Scotfi

We will be traveling our first Royal Caribbean Cruise in a couple months on Enchantment of the Seas on May30 on a 5 night.

Traveling as 2adt and 3chd ages 16, 15 and 3. (my 15yr old son is bringing a friend and they will have their own room)

Thanks!!!

The nice thing about a cruise, all parties will have fun. The kids will stay busy and you can enjoy some alone time as well as the quality family time.

The best advice I can give is to pack your bags and then take half of it back out.

Between the Boards on Cruise Critic and TripAdvisor, you should be able to find out anything you could possibly want to know (ship, ports, etc). However, if you have specific questions, don't hesitate to ask.

I sailed once on Carnival, once on Norwegian and my last 3 cruises were on Royal Caribbean. My next cruise is on Royal Caribbean. From what I hear and see from other passengers who travel with kids your children, their friends and you will love Royal Carribbean. Welcome to RCLL!

be sure to make time to see and participate in some of the activities and see the shows...RC offers one of the best on board experiences in our opinion and it really makes the cruise a lot of fun when you take advantage of the things they put together...have fun

I too, noticed you had cruised Disney several time. Until last summer, Disney was THE ONLY cruise we would take. (Nine of them!!!) But the price forced us to change cruise line.......And I was NEVER sorry about switching to RCCL!!!!!

Once upon a time, when my kids were in elementary school, I could take them out of school for a week and there was no problem. Once they hit middle/high school and we could no longer get those great October rates Disney offers....we couldn't afford it. SO....with a VERY heavy heart, I tried Liberty of the Seas last summer. WOW! RCCL has the service/friendliness to match what you had on Disney.

If you go to http://www.disboards.com and scroll down to the cruise line threads. Search Disney vs. RCCL. You can see my complete, and I thought FAIR comparision of the two........

I will try to put a link.....but not sure if it will work........I'm not very computer saavy...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1873096&highlight=Disney+vs.+RCCL

Thanks!!!

Congratulations!

You'll love RCI....we've sailed on Carnival and other smaller lines but before our first RCI cruise we had cruises on Carnival and Sea Wind and our Splendour cruise was just WOW.....it's a different ex[erience even though both are cruises....not saying CCL is bad because I've cruised with them 3 times but RCI is better in everything....you'll see! We've never been on the Enchantment(it is a little bit dlarger than the Splendour) but every Royal ship is good and we've been since the Sovereign which was 20 years old to the Liberty in her 7th cruise....always a good ship :D

HAVE FUN :)

3chd ages 16, 15 and 3. (my 15yr old son is bringing a friend and they will have their own room)

Thanks!!!

Something I thought of....................

Once bit of advice I would give you and the teenagers................Go to the teen club after both dinner seatings are over. My son went early, and thought it was "dull". He later found out it starts "rocking" MUCH later than the Disney clubs do. Go late and go often!

Hope this helps.

Fran

I'm getting ready to sail the Enchantment for the second time, in the same balcony as the first cruise I might add!

DH & I were really impressed with the level of service and the friendliness of everyone on our first cruise. Our stateroom attendant and waiter were out-of-this world! I hated to leave them, they were almost like family! lol

I think you will enjoy the Enchantment. It doesn't have ALL of the bells and whistles as some of the other RCCl ships, but it doesn't lack either especially in the service area (IMO).

Welcome to the RCCL family! :)

My wife and I are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary and leaving 4/18/09 on Liberty of the Seas for our first cruise. We are doing the 7 day Western Carabbean and are looking forward to it. Have been reading the post here and has been enlightening and fun.

Is there any way to get sample menus of the week of our cruise. Not a big deal but read somewhere here that you could get them.

The Enchantment is a beautiful ship and lots of things to do! We sailed on her when she was fairly new and it was our first cruise. Since then we have only cruised voyager class ships. We think they are perfect for families. So much to do you can not do it all! Love,love,love RCCL. I have never been on Disney and I'm sure it is fine. We have been on Carnival's Liberty ship when it was first out. We will stick to RCCL.

You will have a great time!

• 3 weeks later...

We love RCCL. Of course the only other line we have been on is Carnival. I have heard great things about Disney but wow the prices. You shouldn't be nervous. We have NEVER had a bad experience on RCCL. Great ships, service & food!!! We are sailing on Enchantment May 11th after a five year break. We can't wait. Enjoy your trip!!!

Archived