Valor Review, Spring Break with PICS

newt98

OMG, what a great review! DH has called me an addict. Going on Valor for Thanksgiving, can't wait!

Noticed many were concerned about food off the ship. From my experiences, the only place I have seen that enforced was on the last day returning to the states. In ports, I've never seen a problem. I'm packing my soft sided cooler!

Also, any new readers with Capers? Especially the Club for 12 yo's. Thanks again!

hey chris, it's good to see you all are having suck a good time on this thread.;) you guys keeping it alive for others to see.

Hey Mike, yep, trying to keep things going a little. My Dream roll call for 2010 is not really taking off yet. Probably most people are busy doing other things. I had a blast the last few months before our cruise on the Valor roll call. kept me busy when I was stuck inside all winter.

Hope everyone is doing well..

Chris:cool:

Mike, thank you for taking the time to write this review for CC's who are thinking about, or who have already booked a cruise on the Valor. I really enjoyed reading it from start to finish and am sorry it's coming to an end. You're going to have to come up with some more info to keep it going for another year.

Once I started reading, it was hard to stop. I'm sure others had the same feeling. It was like a good book...just one more page, just one more page and then you check the clock and an hour has flown by.

Your Valor photos and family photos came out beautiful and I hope you enjoy many more vacations with your beautiful family. You should get a kickback from the company that makes your camera. It seemed like quite a few CC people were going out to buy one.

I just started a roll call for SPRING BREAK 2010 on the Valor! Want to do it all over again? Same time, same ports! I'm sure your kids would go for it! Just ask them. :O)

I suggested that those who check my roll call read your review. Yes, it's that's good and imformative. I gave out step by step directions of how to find it, so you should be hearing from them in the near future.

Hey, got to run. Enjoy your weekend and I hope Speedo man doesn't show up on our cruise. We'll keep our eyes open and will definitely go the other way if he does, but not without taking a photo to send you. We can tell him that he's a celebrity on CC. No, he'd like that too much.

Mike

Thank you for your great review. You mentioned on a sea day turning a guy in to security. Do you mind sharing what the problem was?

BJ I read that for physical challenged customers they will actually drag you in a tube in a different route and meet up with the hikers to do the cave tubing. You just generously tip the staff person for this service.

I would suggest you email them with all your concerns and let them describe your options.

i'll get to that a little later today or tonight, gotta go for now though.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike, nice review. I'm coming late to the party but have one more question for you. I'm thinking of booking this cruise for early April, 2010. My son will have just turned 18, too old to hang with the teens. Did Carnival have anything organized for the 18-20 year old group?

After reading this review, I've booked the same cruise, a year later. I even started the roll call. I'm excited to have another trip in the wings...

I'm sure your 18 year old son will have a great time. I have 3 sons and although they aren't booked at this time, I am interested in hearing what's available for older kids (16, 21 and 23)

Anyone know?

28uk18w.jpg

This speaks volumes for what the end of a cruise feels like.

Fantastic review.

As a gazillion other people have told you, you have a lovely family. Y'all seemed to know how to enjoy yourselves.

Thanks for the trip. I enjoyed it.

Thanks for the great review. I haven't read thru a long one for a while. Enjoyed the pictures. Can't wait for my cruise in November on the Miracle. Great looking family and the boys did dress nice for dinner. Doesn't take much. LOL

My wife and I are first time cruisers and are taking this trip on July 5th with another couple. Great report and the pics were nice. I had read some negative reports about the Valor and I was worried we may have made a mistake. Your report has squashed that thought. Thanks:D

it was fun doing the review. and apparently i havent closed the book because i keep getting on here to see the review myself. eventually it will slide down to page two, and then off to cyberspace.:(

Hi Mike,,,,

I'm a first timer to this board, and lo and behold,,,,, I happened upon YOUR trip report, and,, I want to tell you I loved, loved, LOVED your trip report :D

Sorry, but it's not off to cyberspace yet,,, cause if this board is like others,,,, this will bump it right back up to the top, where it should be :)

You gave great information,, great details,,, great pictures, beautiful family, and I LMAO quite a few times,,,, :D

My hubby and I and some friends are cruising on the Valor on July 5th

and thanks to your report,,, I'm more excited than ever. :)

Thanks !!!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderful job Mike!

For a person who claims to 'not be much of a writer', you did a pretty good impression of Hemingway :D. Anyways I was simply blown away with your story, i loved every post.

I really happened on this thread by accident and I am soooo glad I discovered it. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us, loved it.

And I truly agree with the chorus that is singing your praises, as there are only a handful of reviews on cc that are to these high standards (Klev, Ron_L)

Thanks again :cool:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am so glad that someone posted so that this thread could be bumped up. I did find it on page 3. I have never cruised Carnival before but will be cruising this year and taking two grandchildren 11 & 9. I usually cruise Disney, Celebrity, Princess or RCCL. I just booked this cruise two days ago leaving 3/21/10. I was thrilled to read your review. I was concerened about having to get my grandson a suit for formal nights but saw that your sons wore a dress shirt and tie. I will do the same for him so that will save me money. What was the water temperature at these ports for that time of year. I usually don't like the water unless it is 85 but the kids will go in at any temp. I am disappointed that there is no roll call yet for my cruise. I started one a few days ago. Everyone says to give it time but other cruises before and after mine are going like crazy. Half the fun is sharing the anticipation with others. Thanks again for the great review.

Linda

I am so glad that someone posted so that this thread could be bumped up. I did find it on page 3. I have never cruised Carnival before but will be cruising this year and taking two grandchildren 11 & 9. I usually cruise Disney, Celebrity, Princess or RCCL. I just booked this cruise two days ago leaving 3/21/10. I was thrilled to read your review. I was concerened about having to get my grandson a suit for formal nights but saw that your sons wore a dress shirt and tie. I will do the same for him so that will save me money. What was the water temperature at these ports for that time of year. I usually don't like the water unless it is 85 but the kids will go in at any temp. I am disappointed that there is no roll call yet for my cruise. I started one a few days ago. Everyone says to give it time but other cruises before and after mine are going like crazy. Half the fun is sharing the anticipation with others. Thanks again for the great review.

Linda

Don't know about the actual temp, but the water was fine... Especially in Honduras because it was very hot if you weren't in the shade.

Chris:cool:

Archived