Internet & Personal Webcams

I will be on the Enchantment of the Sea’s and was wondering, if I bought my laptop with a webcam will it work on board. I‘d like to “call” home while on vacation and thought this would be a great way to do it.

If this works I can stay in touch with my kids, I can not only “talk” to them but I would be able to see them.

Has anyone tried this, any suggestions?

Thanks

Mindy

Hi,

What you will need to do is go to one of the computer stations on board. You swipe your setail pass at their machine and set up a password. You will then be asked which package you would like to take. When you open a browser on your own laptop you will be taken automatically to the log in screen.

$.55 per minute

Or pre-paid Internet Packages:

60 Minutes............. $28

90 Minutes............. $38

150 Minutes........... $55

There will be hotspots around the ship where you can access the internet on your laptop. That information will be in a leaflet you can pick up at Guest Services.

You have to purchase an internet package and pay by minute. Keep in mind that the connection is very slow ... more like a dial up ... so your webcam view may be more like a still cam.

I totally agree with WaterBaby, the connection is EXTREMELY SLOW! :eek: Think twice about the webcam, it will be frustrating.

HI,

Thanks, I know how slow it is, I've used the internet before on the ship, wish they could make it faster :). My question really is for using the webcam. What I wanted to do is hook up my webcam and headset and be able to see and talk to my kids via the internet and I wasn't sure if I could do this because I do know how slow the internet is on the ship. Even a "still" picture of me would make mykids happy so at least they "see" me while I am away. I like to keep in touch with them everyday but on sea days that will be hard or very expensive (phone calls) so I am trying to find another way.

Mindy

Archived