smoking policy

momjkm

That's a great idea...and I mean it...no joke. I would not mind watching you fool around, really...no prude here.......I just don't want to smell your cigarette/cigar smoke.

All kidding aside, I agree with your post.:)

What's funny is there are probably a lot of people who really feel that way. I mean, things have reached a point where it's not entirely out of the question to think people would choose to be forced into seeing public indecency over having to breathe in a little cigarette smoke.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Don't get nervous! We travel with kids so we are not looking to view Balcony Club exercises.....the point I am making is that I would be willing to negotiate if it meant that smoking could be banned or restricted enough so that my family and I could enjoy a balcony. Should we have a balcony and something innapropriate was visible or audible to us....well I believe that we have the right to expect an appropriate experience for us on OUR balcony, right? Yes, I would complain if someone was doing something in public that was inappropriate.

Now, let's start with the right of Balcony Clubber's! I can see it now.........

Folks on the boards like to ignore it, but.....smokers are in the minority...they just don't like to admit it.

I personally love to calculate the cost of a pack a day smoker:Dto that smoker. Oh that's right. all the posters here will say that they only smoke a few cigs a day:rolleyes:

Nope, not gonna do it again. Told you, I didn't take those photos. If I had taken those photos they would be posted. I guess I'll have to go on the Victory again. I'd have to go solo as my wife refuses to board any ship that sails out of Puerto Rico ever again.

Full of Puerto Ricans, was it?:D

Actually, it does since most cigarettes now contain chemicals that actually extinguish the cherry before it can start a fire. Candles and irons don't have this handy, if somewhat annoying, feature.

And alienate a significant portion of their clientele? Not bloody likely.

My iron has auto-shutoff, as do a large portion of irons sold today. My candles are still manual shutoff.:D

What's funny is there are probably a lot of people who really feel that way. I mean, things have reached a point where it's not entirely out of the question to think people would choose to be forced into seeing public indecency over having to breathe in a little cigarette smoke.

Yes, that was my point exactly...thanks for noticing

I smoke, and will smoke on my balcony whenever I want to. If you don't like it, too bad. These smoking threads are a complete joke. To all you non-smokers out there, hopefully you will not be next to my balcony.

i smoke, and will smoke on my balcony whenever i want to. If you don't like it, too bad. These smoking threads are a complete joke. To all you non-smokers out there, hopefully you will not be next to my balcony.

*cough cough gag hack.....* *fanning had in front of face....*

Thanks for the heads up on the Splendor. I have doe the mexican riveria three times on the Pride and loved it. But, if I can't smoke around the pool area on the Lido deck I won't be sailing this ship. Guess I will be on rccl. Tried ncl once on the mexican riveria and didn't like the ship.

Thanks for the heads up on the Splendor. I have doe the mexican riveria three times on the Pride and loved it. But, if I can't smoke around the pool area on the Lido deck I won't be sailing this ship. Guess I will be on rccl. Tried ncl once on the mexican riveria and didn't like the ship.

That is what I have read from one poster here...maybe someone can confirm it, or I can in a few weeks...LOL

They did say that they had to go one deck up and to the aft to smoke outside...so there is outdoor smoking areas.

Get more info before you make a decision. ;)

You will be able to easily determine who my audience is because that will be turned into pillars of salt. :eek:

I have always wondered why the ocean is salty.............Your audiences have been swept overboard.....................

I smoke, and will smoke on my balcony whenever I want to. If you don't like it, too bad. These smoking threads are a complete joke. To all you non-smokers out there, hopefully you will not be next to my balcony.

So there!:p

You will be able to easily determine who my audience is because that will be turned into pillars of salt. :eek:

Will you be smoking after said act?:confused:

I doubt it. I'll be firing up my Hookah:cool:

Roll another blunt...:cool:

(Where's that dancing Rastafarian emoticon when you need it?)

the rooms were smoking because it is a Carnival wide policy that is stated on their website and in cruise documents. IF the cabins had the signs and IF someone wanted to smoke in them they could... as per company policy.

I just looked at my Terms and Conditions of Contract and my cruise documents as well as Carnival's website and I can't find anywhere that it is indicated that all cabins are smoking.

The only thing that is mentioned is that Spa cabins are smoke-free.

Please show me the Carnival wide policy....

Well first if it states that those cabins are SMOKE-FREE then it is obvious they are pointing it out as every other cabin is not.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Spa_Cabins.aspx

Again they are pointing out the EXCEPTION to the rule... and telling you that in these few cabin no smoking is allowed.

From a recent Capers:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=112890&d=1239153887

Check out page 4 and you will see the "No Smoking Policy"... which again does tell where you cannot smoke, and does not say anything about cabins.

Hope this helps...

Believe it or not there is. I have received several nastygrams in the cabin about it. It interfers with the airflow in thae area of your cabin. Doors slam, airconditioning doesn't work properly in other areas and so on. It is called something like negative airflow. Plays havoc with certian things.....Not to mention the ship has to burn more fuel due to air going out your door.;)

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Archived