Cruise from Montreal to Boston

I'm just wondering if anyone out there has done the Holland America Montreal to Boston (or vice-versa) cruise...If so, can you tell me about it? I've never cruised Holland America (only Carnival, RC, and Princess) and I'm wondering how it compares.

Also, how did you manage to get back to your car (provided you drove to port, of course!)

Thanks so much!

Pam

We have sailed this itinery with HAl twice before and are booked on it again July 4/09.

We did not drive to a port. We took the train. We have done a lot of crusing with Cunard including a Canada New England. I can't compare the Cunard ships to HAl ships as I feel they are in a category of their own. However, we very much enjoy HAL. Last year we took thier VOyage of The Vikings cruise and loved it. It was the same ship that we had been on before and are booked on agin this year, Maasdam. I do not know your age bracket but HAl caters to a crowd of cruisers who are over 40 although their are some younger cruisers on board. The service on bourad is excellent. They can't do enough for you. WE had absolutely no complaints. This year will be our sixth time on HAL and there will be more. I have cruised RCCL and found it comparable to HAL but I think the service is better on HAL.

I have not cruised Celbrity but have heard good things about it. We have cruised Carnival and problably would not cruise it again. It attracts a much younger crowd and we also prefer the style of ship that HAL provides.

I fI can assist any further, i would be glad to do so.

We did this cruise back in July 2005 and had a wonderful time. The service and food were excellent, and although our cruise had an older crowd (mostly over 60), our kids had a great time because they were with their cousins. The only thing I would NOT recommend is the riding the rapids excursion in Quebec city. It was a long bus drive in both directions, and we spent more time on the bus than on the river. Also, we did not have enough time to see Quebec city afterwards, which I'm sorry I missed.

Archived