Need help w/RC

safy

I need some help. At my wits end. On August 29, we took a RC cruise (Voyager) and got stuck in Hurricane; had extended cruise.

The problem is that the cruise line gave a room key with my folio to someone else, and charged their expenses to my account. I tried to rectify this with RC upon checkout, but they were just so swaamped, the promised to fix it and didn't. I talked w/RC on the phone, and nothing resolved. SO, I challenged the expense through my credit card company. RC sent the Credit card company a copy of my portfolio, which clearly has different folio numbers appearing on my bill, but also sent the CC company a copy of the "check-in"authorization.

My credit card company says that since they have that authorizatin, I need to send them copies of receipts that show that these were not my charges. How do I send copies of something I don't have or never made? It makes no sense. The problem w/cc company seems to be that some of the charges are mine, others are not, and they can't tell the difference, so it is up to me to prove what is not mine. I sent them copies of what were mine, but for some reason, they still say that I need to prove that the other charges were not. How do I prove a negative?

Does anybody have a higher up contact at RC that can shake the rafters here? Customer service doesn't seem to be able to do anything.

Thanks for any help...

Larry

I would put the responsibilty on the CC company and RCI. RCI has copies of the signed receipts, they should be able to tell which were signed by you and which were signed by someone else. I would tell your CC that you will pay, the ones that you signed for. Good luck.

jc

How Horrible!!

I guess I'll pay much closer attention to my Folio from now on. Not to mention that I'll never let something like that linger.

I agree with the above poster. Request verification of all charges on your folio.

Good Luck!

Make sure you file a "disputed charge" notice with the credit card company IN WRITING. Send it "Cedrtified-Return Receipt Requested". The credit card company then has the ball by law. Doing this verbally does not count and the credit card company must tell you that.

Archived