Balcony Question...HELP

Solstice23

Hello all,

I need some quick advice.

My wife and I usually Have a concierge balcony or a SKy suite with Butler on Celebrity, but we added and extras cruise this summer on Princess.

We have booked a category BC on Riviera Deck R709 or something.

Question is what are the Balcony size like on this deck and Category? SHould we go to a BB or BA,??? on what decks should we try to get a good larger balcony?

We are not familiar with Princess ships really, And just want to Maximize the balcony size.

Please let me know asap so I can move if needed

Thanks

It seems you have booked the smallest balcony as it stands right now. In order to have the larger 9 X 9 balcony you would have to move to a balcony cabin on Caribe Deck. If I am not mistaken the balcony size in the stateroom you have booked is 9 X 5.

If you go to Princess online http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/cb/deck_plans/index.html and look at the deck plans for both the Caribe deck and the Riveria Deck, you can visually see the difference in the two of them. I am guessing you are talking about the Caribbean Princess?

And please keep in mind. If you are used to Suites or Sky Suites on other lines, on Princess a balcony stateroom is pretty much just a bedroom, with tiny bathroom with small shower, that's it, no couch, loveseat and only one semi comfortable chair is included. Also, keep in mind that Princess adds the balcony square footage to the actual stateroom size. So, when you are looking at how large the stateroom is, that includes the balcony in the description.

If you are familar with Sky suites I would look into a mini-suite on princess. Now they are usually on the Dolphin and emerald decks. the ones with big balconies are on the Emerald Deck way aft. it is the AD category but they go fast because the balconies are covered where the Dolphin deck is not covered. Take a look at that.

Marilyn

thanks for all the info,

Yes we love SKy Suites and Next March 14th with our hosted group on the Celebrity Solstcie we have a sky suite again. On the Caribbean the Mini suite would be 331.00 CND per person more for the Mini suite and in my opinion withotu our Butler its not worth it.

We have just moved our room to Room Cat BB room number C753 Facing AFT, on Caribe deck. I think this will work for us, This like I said before is just to get away, and with no Celebrity ship available at that time We will sail Princess.

If anyoneone has afte balcony Shots from the Caribbean Princess, exterior and interior shots would be great!

Thanks for the help so far ...

In the balcony category (not suites or mini-suites), C753, C752 and B748 and B749 are pretty much the largest balconies you can get. The cabin interior is the same as any other balcony cabin but the balcony is about 10 x 10 with full ceiling cover. Good choice - these aft facing, extra large, fully covered balconies can be hard to get as they book up quick.

Do a board search for C752 and C753 and you should find plenty of pictures. You may come across some older photos showing full length pool style loungers on these balconies. Be aware, the balcony furniture changed on Princess after the Star Princess fire and pool loungers are no longer allowed on passenger cabin balconies. The current balcony furniture does have 2 chairs with reclining backs though...

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise.

Yes it is one of the smaller balconies, but it is an awesome location. We had R707 last year on the CB. It is steps from the door that leads out to the Terrace Pool and Outrigger Bar. It is under the Lido buffet and Cafe Caribe, and we got breakfast from there and walked one short flight down and ate on our balcony.

Of course if the balcony is the dealbreaker, go for one on the Caribe deck, as others have mentioned. They are very big. I suggest the Ultimate Balcony Dinner if you get a Caribe deck balcony.

Enjoy,

Freddie

My wife and I usually Have a concierge balcony or a SKy suite with Butler on Celebrity, but we added and extras cruise this summer on Princess.

We have booked a category BC on Riviera Deck R709 or something.

Question is what are the Balcony size like on this deck and Category? SHould we go to a BB or BA,??? on what decks should we try to get a good larger balcony?

If you are use to the Sky Suites on Celebrity

I think you would be better off in a mini-suite or suite.

Caribe is similar.

Could check that out.

To the OP-

Please check back in after your cruise and tell us how you liked your balcony stateroom. I for one think you will be very disappointed in the size of the stateroom and bathroom after sailing in much better accomodations on other cruise lines. But then, I have been wrong before. I will just be interested in what you thought! ;)

And another tip. Full room service is not available to regular staterooms on Princess, it is only available to full suites onboard (not including minis). There is a room service menu, but it is limited to small items such as Continental Breakfast and sandwiches, salads, soup and dessert for other meals. (just don't want you to be shocked). :o

This was created by FLVOL77. .Quote:

Originally Posted by flvol77 viewpost.gif

This was the best I could do on the Caribbean Princess. I couldn't really find a better photo.

Hope this helps

CARIBBEANPRINCESSAFT.jpg?t=1215986734

This was created by FLVOL77. .Quote:

Originally Posted by flvol77 viewpost.gif

This was the best I could do on the Caribbean Princess. I couldn't really find a better photo.

Hope this helps

CARIBBEANPRINCESSAFT.jpg?t=1215986734

Awesome picture, I'm thinking of those cabins with the portholes above the balconies, R746 thru R749 Riviera deck 14 category C oceanview. We didn't use our balcony much on last cruise and upcoming itinerary has only one at sea day. Anybody stay in the porthole cabins? Have any pictures?

Awesome picture, I'm thinking of those cabins with the portholes above the balconies, R746 thru R749 Riviera deck 14 category C oceanview. We didn't use our balcony much on last cruise and upcoming itinerary has only one at sea day. Anybody stay in the porthole cabins? Have any pictures?

With one of those cabins, the Terrace pool area is pretty much your balcony. Great location. There is a door right next to your cabin that goes out there.

We stayed on the Caribe deck on the Crown. They were large 9x9 and half covered. This was great because you could be out there in any kind of weather and be protected or out in the sun. Also, the half covered allowed for total privacy. The caribe decks have 4 chairs (2 can recline) and a table. We spent a lot of time enjoying our balcony.

Thanks for all your help. We will enjoy the aft facing C753 room I think. We will ejy the cruise, We are sure. We picked it for the ports, and the ship should be fine. We are oing in with open mind, But my mom just sailed the Caribbean the week after she sailed with us on the Summit. She had a god time but felt spoiled on Celebirty again. DOing Back to back it was easy to compare. As a result of her trip we know the cruise should be good, My mom had a suite on the CB and she said it was good but nothing stood out compared to the week prior on Summit. In our opinion Princess is a good cruise line also and we are back on Celebrity Solstice next March again,

Thanks for all your help

again if anyone has interior or more exterior shots of our exact cabin on the CB that would be awesome!

Thanks Princess board!

A simple search at webshots brought up lots of pics of C752 but mainly balcony shots. Should be the exact same, only this balcony stateroom is located on the other side of Caribe deck aft.

Webshots Link: http://travel.webshots.com/album/102025550UlWCMW?vhost=travel

Also found an album with the interrior pics of C752 (seems like there are a lot of C752, but can't find any of C753).

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2816726390048089317KOrzLg?vhost=travel

C752 Bathroom shots: I don't think this is on the Caribbean Princess, but the interrior and bathroom will the be the same as on the Caribbean Princess. http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2167262290048089317YpcAEu?vhost=travel

Webshots has tons of pics!

Archived