Are you excited about the Gem and the Mediterranean?

daring

We are travelling on the May 24 cruise. Let me know how you like it as well as the weather. We're planning on taking a private excursion and now I'm getting nervous that we won't get back to the port on time. Have you had any experience with the private excursions?

Hi lindykovie! I will be happy to answer and all questions you may have when I get back. We're taking private tours in Naples, Rome, and Florence, and I am confident that we will be back to the ship on time. This is how these guys make their living, they depend on word of mouth, and I feel really comfortable putting myself in their hands.

I know I won't have my review posted before you leave, but get your questions ready! :)

How wonderful! What a great way to start a marriage. I hope that your marriage will be as fulfilling as mine has been for me. I'm not saying it's always easy but definitely rewarding and worth it.

I live in a rather large apartment by NYC standards----Let's just say my dining room and living room have been taken over by suitcases, carry-on bags--cameras, camcorders, laptops, travel guides, books, books and more books--Life is good!

This week has been going like this

"Hey Rich--you going on vacation soon?"

"Yep, we are leaving on Saturday!"

Daring - I suggest you go to Trip Advisor on the Malta Forum . Either ask your question there or put "car hire" in the search box.

This is the link but I don't know if you'll be able to open it in which case just join up.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g190311-Malta.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?ff=348&geo=190311&scope=2&q=car+hire&s=D&returnTo=%2FShowForum-g190311-Malta.html

For those of you spending time on mainland Europe - surely it would be cheaper to buy a hair straightener as soon as you arrive. Your mind would be at rest. If my straightener went bust my hair would freak out with the shock.

Ok. I'll admit that I'm more than a bit worried about this swine flu. Some posters are very casual about the whole thing, me, not as much.

I have very mixed emotions about this.

Is anyone on the fence with their plans at this point? Are you going to take it down to the wire with a wait and see approach and would consider canceling? Or is it full steam ahead no matter what (barring any shut down/ban)?

I live in a rather large apartment by NYC standards----Let's just say my dining room and living room have been taken over by suitcases, carry-on bags--cameras, camcorders, laptops, travel guides, books, books and more books--Life is good!

This week has been going like this

"Hey Rich--you going on vacation soon?"

"Yep, we are leaving on Saturday!"

(happy chant) 3 more days, 3 more days, 3 more days

Daring - I suggest you go to Trip Advisor on the Malta Forum . Either ask your question there or put "car hire" in the search box.

This is the link but I don't know if you'll be able to open it in which case just join up.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g190311-Malta.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?ff=348&geo=190311&scope=2&q=car+hire&s=D&returnTo=%2FShowForum-g190311-Malta.html

Thanks hat

Ok. I'll admit that I'm more than a bit worried about this swine flu. Some posters are very casual about the whole thing, me, not as much.

Is anyone on the fence with their plans at this point? Are you going to take it down to the wire with a wait and see approach and would consider canceling? Or is it full steam ahead no matter what (barring any shut down/ban)?

Calm down MG, its not like were going to the midlands of Mexico. Were going the other way. Just go ahead and buy a box of masks. They will look good with your big hair. You know that you will never live this down don't you?

Calm down MG, its not like were going to the midlands of Mexico. Were going the other way. Just go ahead and buy a box of masks. They will look good with your big hair. You know that you will never live this down don't you?

Ok - I'll try.

I laugh every time I think of what my welcome aboard picture will potentially be...frizzed up wild hair and a blue mask.

(not trying to make light of this flu in any way, just poking fun at myself)

(happy chant) 3 more days, 3 more days, 3 more days

Thanks hat

Okay, so now in order to recognize Mickey, I should look for Bozo the clown like hair and a blue mask!!!! :D

I too am worried. I went to websites for insurance coverage and I think we can still buy for coverage for Swine Flu. It would not cover cancellation for fear of getting it, but if you did get it or a family member.

Really? What sail date?

Evidently if she canceled a month before the cruise, she could get most of her money back.

I'm still excited to go! I went shopping today at Ann Taylor Loft and bought two tops, a dress and a sweater. I'm trying to do a lot of mixing and matching.

I'm concerned about the situation, but not panicked about it. I'm taking the wait and see approach.

I'm with Bannda on this one. Concerned, yes, but not ready to cancel this cruise. IF they declare a world-wide pandemic, I might have to rethink my position.

I'm with Bannda on this one. Concerned, yes, but not ready to cancel this cruise. IF they declare a world-wide pandemic, I might have to rethink my position.

I agree also. I wouldn't cancel my cruise just yet. We don't know how long this will last.

Judi

Not trying to bring the party atmosphere down, but I thought we all might be interested in this.

Here's a map that shows by pinponts what cases there are at the moment. I will say that it has changed significantly in Spain from when I saw it this morning - not saying it's grown, but probably they're trying to get all data loaded?

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&t=p&msa=0&msid=106484775090296685271.0004681a37b713f6b5950&ll=32.639375,-110.390625&spn=15.738151,25.488281&z=5

Evidently if she canceled a month before the cruise, she could get most of her money back.

I'm still excited to go! I went shopping today at Ann Taylor Loft and bought two tops, a dress and a sweater. I'm trying to do a lot of mixing and matching.

That's my favorite store right now!

Hah! I bought a power converter today. I must have my hair straightener. :p

Good for you, bad for me, still want a picture.

Listen, when are we having Richstan's bon voyage party. What time can we all meet to wish him well. Lets ask him.

That's my favorite store right now!

Good for you, bad for me, still want a picture.

Listen, when are we having Richstan's bon voyage party. What time can we all meet to wish him well. Lets ask him.

GREAT IDEA!!! :cool::cool::cool:

What I want to know is if he'll be able to post from the Gem. He's our first cruiser to get pushed out of the nest here. We need details, updates, menus, tour reviews, pictures, 2 for 1 meal deals, ATM locations, etc. (I'll think of more questions...)

No pressure Richstan... :eek:

Archived