Outdoor Adventure

afairbro

I heard that if you want to do the Outdoor Adventure in Mazatlan or PV, that you must book through the cruise line, because OA cannot book directly with us due to contracts. If that is true, what is the OA adventure called in the tours with Carnival? I only see Canopy trips, and none of them describe in full the OA itinerary.

Yes, it would reason that most tours, you could not book independently, and be "side by side" with the cruise passengers. For instance, we showed up at the zip lines, and they would not let us go with our fellow cruise passengers, we had to wait and go with others. The cruise lines protect their passengers as much as possible from uncertainty.

It would seem your best bet in research would be to contact "Johan & Sandra" (ads on the top of these web pages) and Mazatlan Frank (google him) and start to find an outdoor adventure that is to your liking.

I heard that if you want to do the Outdoor Adventure in Mazatlan or PV, that you must book through the cruise line, because OA cannot book directly with us due to contracts. If that is true, what is the OA adventure called in the tours with Carnival? I only see Canopy trips, and none of them describe in full the OA itinerary.

The "Outdoor Adventure" excursion in PV is run by Vallarta Adventures. Carnival sells this excursion with the name "Extreme Canopy".

The OA excursion is run several times each day and is available thru independent brokers PuertoVallartaTours dot net and/or VallartaOnline dot com.

Enjoy!

The "Outdoor Adventure" excursion in PV is run by Vallarta Adventures. Carnival sells this excursion with the name "Extreme Canopy".

The OA excursion is run several times each day and is available thru independent brokers PuertoVallartaTours dot net and/or VallartaOnline dot com.

Enjoy!

"Departs From: Nuevo Vallarta, Marina Vallarta, and Mismaloya." I do not know which pick up station I should choose. Which is closer to the pier where Carnival will dock? Is it within walking distance? Also, what time will PV be vs the Splendor?

"Departs From: Nuevo Vallarta, Marina Vallarta, and Mismaloya." I do not know which pick up station I should choose. Which is closer to the pier where Carnival will dock? Is it within walking distance? Also, what time will PV be vs the Splendor?

Its my understanding that the excursion site is south of Mismaloya (SE corner of Bandaras Bay.

People that are staying in the Nuevo Vallarta resorts gather at Vallarta Adventures' Nuevo Vallarta office and travel by boat to the Marina office where they pick up Puerto Vallarta & cruise ship passengers. The boat heads to the Mismaloya area where passengers transfer to yellow 4X4 trucks for the ride to the excursion site. Hotel guests that are already staying on the east and south coast meet in Mismaloya and are transported by 4X4 truck (no boat ride).

Reference this map - http://www.vallarta-info.com/marina.html Locate the "TIKUL" restaurant on the map. Locate the little north-south street to the right of TIKUL. The Vallarta Adventures office is located at the end of that street. The port (aka Marine Terminal) is located at the bottom of the map. While it looks like the office is within walking distance (and it is), I recommend taking a taxi because stretches of the major highway do not have sidewalks and you are faced with a choice of walking in muddy, debris filled fields or in the street. Like playing human frogger.

As for time difference. The ship's clock on Splendor should be one hour behind Vallarta local time. I believe Splendor is scheduled to arrive in Vallarta at 10 AM (local) and your ship's clock should show 9 AM. Any excursion departure between 11 and 11:30 AM (local) from the Marina office will likely work best for you.

Enjoy!

Ok, I did it! I booked with PuertoVallartaTours, they know I'm coming in on Splendor and they took my reservation. I'm waiting for email with instructions where to meet. They said I'd be meeting them at the cruise terminal. $93 vs $139!!! Only thing different is no boat ride.

Archived