Spring Break on the Star. : )

Linedog

We just finished a week on the Star over spring break. This was our first cruise so we had a lot to learn, here's what I learned. Embarkation was a dream, bus from the airport to the pier, walked to the front of the line for balcony rooms and had our cards in less than 5 minutes. Be calm, the first few hours are a real zoo! We prepaid for 2 drink cups for the boys, when we tried to retrieve them we were sent to no less than 5 different places to pick them up. Turns out if you prepaid for them there will be a letter in your room that you can take to any bar and retrieve them. Once again be calm, we ordered the anniversary package and the Champaign was waiting for us in our room on ice. The chocolate strawberries came later. We received 4 out of 5 bags of our luggage. Of course panic sets in because the one missing contained our all of our toiletries. After a discussion with a manger at the desk we were told to return at 9. Well at 9 there were about 8 of us at the desk looking for luggage, from what I can tell all of us received our luggage by 10 that night. Once again be calm, we were told that if 5 out of 5 were missing then that’s an issue but if 1 is missing it will turn up. The next day was the CC meet and greet with Mr. O’Hara, the Hotel Director, the Head of Housekeeping and Paul Baya the Cruise Director. We were provided with coffee, tea and assorted pastries. The Officers were very personable and acted like they sincerely cared about us. We asked about the issue with the luggage and Mr. O’Hara knew of our plight as they had discussed our situation at their morning meeting. Ok now to the fun stuff, we were on the port side of the Star. That was great as we got to see the ports of call from our balcony as we arrived in each one. Then we saw the sunsets on our way home. Tip number 2, when you put out your hanger for breakfast you will get a call before it is delivered. Be sure your phone ringer is up and loud, ours was turned down from the previous guest and we missed that breakfast. Reservations are nice for the restaurants but from what we could see they were not that necessary. But as first timers I guess the biggest thing I could say is to be calm, the first day is a zoo but it will all calm down and work itself out. All in all we had a great time and can’t wait until we book our next NCL cruise, the hardest part is to decide where we will go.

Linedog, you made such a good point -- be calm -- I've never heard anyone mention that before -- but you are right -- that is SO important!!

I'm glad that you had such a great experience on your first cruise!

Archived