Mazatlan water taxi question

TX.Mameow&Papeow

We will be on Mariner April 19, Mexican Rivera. Can anyone tell me in Mazatlan when taking the water taxi to Stone Island, How much of a step up is it from the boat to the dock? I have bad knees and DH is in need of a hip replacement ( procrastinating surgery). It is a little difficult for us to step up or down more than about 12-15 inches. We can walk 2 or 3 miles and climb normal stairs with no problem. Thanks for any information.:)

We were on the water taxis in Mazatlan yesterday and there was not a step over 12 inches on either side for us.

Stone Island has been our favorite so far. We are in Cabo today on the Splendor so that might change.

here is a pic of the taxi (ponga). The mexican people are some of the kindest and patient we have ever met. We suggest taking your time boarding and debarking, the driver will not be impatient. Don't hesitate to ask for help from other taxi riders, no one wants you to get hurt. The Mexican people love to help, that's why they are so poor, they just give and give. You might even want to tell the gal selling the tickets; she will send helpers down to the dock with you. They all love to help

IMG_8388.jpg

Thanks "bobnsofi" for your reply and picture. We will certainly ask for an extra hand if we need it. I have read many of your entrys and enjoyed all your pictures and advise. It is so helpful to people that have not cruised in that region. This is our 12th cruise but first time to California and to cruise from the west coast, other than Alaska. I know we will have a great time!;):p

Archived