Alltel texting onboard

When I talk with Alltel they say no charge and when I talk with RCCL they say no charge - however from some of the posting on this website some have said there is a charge for texting. What is the real answer? Can you text both to another person on board and to someone back in the states without a charge of any kind? Any insight you can give is greatly appreciated. Also is there a charge is my cell phone rings, but I do not answer the call.

When I talk with Alltel they say no charge and when I talk with RCCL they say no charge - however from some of the posting on this website some have said there is a charge for texting. What is the real answer? Can you text both to another person on board and to someone back in the states without a charge of any kind? Any insight you can give is greatly appreciated. Also is there a charge is my cell phone rings, but I do not answer the call.

Now that the Verizon Wireless purchase of Alltel is complete, it should be the same cost for texting onboard as Verizon.

.50 per outbound text, .05 per incoming text. These prices are at sea. When in port, you would most likely roam internationally and the pricing would be slightly higher.

thanks for the information..... does anyone else have any experience with texting onboard the ship. We are trying to avoid a bill that is unexpected and with teenagers and cell phones :eek: The bill could be more than the cost of the cruise.

Any charges for texting or phone calls while on the ship will come from your carrier, NOT RCCL !!! Although you will not be charged for cell use while onboard from RCCL, I'm sure they get a cut from Cellular at Sea.

Now that the Verizon Wireless purchase of Alltel is complete, it should be the same cost for texting onboard as Verizon.

.50 per outbound text, .05 per incoming text. These prices are at sea. When in port, you would most likely roam internationally and the pricing would be slightly higher.

When not on the ship -Seeing that Verizon has bought Alltel, do you get coverage from all Verizon towers without any additional charge?

thanks for the information..... does anyone else have any experience with texting onboard the ship. We are trying to avoid a bill that is unexpected and with teenagers and cell phones :eek: The bill could be more than the cost of the cruise.

You will get charged, and a lot. If your kids text like i do then yes the phone bill will be more than the cruise!

You really need to double check your information. Texting is not the same as making a phone call. I have t-mobile and my son and his gf used it last year in the med and it was only a per text charge of like .35. If I remember right they only charge for us to text out for not for text's recieved. It was so reasonable that it was much better than making a call so all they did is text.

Archived