Dungeoness Crab in Hoonah

airgunnerusn

I'm not sure if June 1st is the beginning of Dungeness crab season or not but that's when The Office starts serving it. We'll be there May 24th:(. Hope you're timing is better!

Here's the Hoonah site I got this from -- great pictures and lots of info.

THE OFFICE BAR

OfficeBar_logo.gif

Best Bar in America award by Esquire, 2006

Located on the waterfront * Full service bar

Fresh, live dungeness crab (June 1 - Sepember 30)

Good times and Good friends!

Jim and Mary Erickson

P.O. Box 329, Hoonah, AK 99829

Phone 907.945.3215 Website www.myspace.com/office_bar

I read in an earlier post that someone had missed dungeoness crab season by one day. When is dungeoness crab season? Lunch at the Office Bar sounds great. Thanks

I was told either by Mary at The Office Bar or Marjorie at FISHES that the crab season starts on June 15th. We'll be in ISP on the 17th and was told it usually takes a few days for the restaurant to get them, so we'll probably miss it by a day or two. Mary said she'd have something local set up if that's the case.

I was told either by Mary at The Office Bar or Marjorie at FISHES that the crab season starts on June 15th. We'll be in ISP on the 17th and was told it usually takes a few days for the restaurant to get them, so we'll probably miss it by a day or two. Mary said she'd have something local set up if that's the case.

I was looking forward to the crab at the Office Bar also. We are a party of 6 and were planning on having lunch there. Do we need to call Mary to make sure that she can accomadate us as well or do you just mean that the menu will offer other items. Thanks for the help.

I was looking forward to the crab at the Office Bar also. We are a party of 6 and were planning on having lunch there. Do we need to call Mary to make sure that she can accomadate us as well or do you just mean that the menu will offer other items. Thanks for the help.

Hi,

It is my understanding that there will be something (menu with other items) set up for all. No need to call ahead.

Bruce

Archived