Whale Tail piggy bank holds $43.99!

Fat Boy

Here's a tip- carry only dollars and pennies around with you.

Each time you pay with cash, never use silver change, only dollars and pennies. For example, if your bill is $3.49, give the cashier $4.04, you will recieve back $.55.

Take the silver change & toss it in your jar.

You accumulate the "good" change faster and get rid of your pennies.

I read this tip somewhere and I love it.

Good tip to bring out the 'whale tail' cup to promote saving by other family members. Thanks for the idea.

Thanks for the response. I had DODs on my last cruise but they were served in the hurricane glass. Do they only have the whale tail ones on certain days, or can you ask for one any day?

Good question...I did not pay attention...just went to the bar at the aft pool on our last sea day and they had them there. Maybe you could go to a roll call of a cruise coming up in the next few weeks and ask someone to get one for you. I have had people ask for things and from certain ports that they forgot and never mind helping out...worth a try!

Good question...I did not pay attention...just went to the bar at the aft pool on our last sea day and they had them there. Maybe you could go to a roll call of a cruise coming up in the next few weeks and ask someone to get one for you. I have had people ask for things and from certain ports that they forgot and never mind helping out...worth a try!

Ahhh...well....thanks for the suggestion but I don't need to do that...I will be cruising again 6 weeks from now...just thought it would be nice to know ahead of time....but I will ask a waiter when I order my first DOD :D. Cheers!

We were on the Ecstasy, and I didn't see any whale tail cups at all.... and I was looking for one! Everyday I even checked under the countertops in the atrium bar from up above to see if they were hiding any. Guess I'll have to go again... I want one!

I got a whale tail souvenir cup on my last cruise. I think the cup was designed with piggy banking in mind as the straw hole in the top is elongated and just perfect for coins.

As soon as we got back from our Mardi Gras cruise on the Fantasy, our cup was set up as the Cruise Fund Piggy Bank (a.k.a. the Cruise Booze Fund). I just cashed it in for the first time... The first round was $43.99. At this rate, it should put away $300-$400 in "bonus booze" before we sail again in November.

Does anyone else use their souvenir cup this way? If so, what's your best "fill" so far?

My best fill on mine was a home made yellowbird!!! We've got a big gallon jug that we put our coins in.

Archived