3 Tips for Getting a Great Deal on a Hotel

travel_mom_1

Good advice...been doing this for the past nine years and have saved a ton of money. Most folks don't know about the free rebid strategy which you explain nicely. I'd also offer an additional tip to the three great ones you presented...

When ready to bid on Priceline, enter through a Rebate website (like Mr. Rebates) and you'll save even more money. They're free and can rebate you back an additional 2% of your bid. This can really add up over time.

Again, nice job on your tips!

Good advice...been doing this for the past nine years and have saved a ton of money. Most folks don't know about the free rebid strategy which you explain nicely. I'd also offer an additional tip to the three great ones you presented...

When ready to bid on Priceline, enter through a Rebate website (like Mr. Rebates) and you'll save even more money. They're free and can rebate you back an additional 2% of your bid. This can really add up over time.

Thanks! I have never heard of Mr. Rebates. I will have to check it out. There is always something more to learn. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks FloridaAdGuy!

Travel Mom-

What a great, clear video that was!!

I'm glad to hear that you found the video clear. I often joke that I have an uncanny ability to take something simple and making it seem complicated. I'm glad to hear I was able to control that urge this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tutorial. Now that you got me interested, I have a question.

How far back would you try and bid for hotels for August?

Should I pull the trigger now or wait 'til June or July?

Thanks again.

I bid on my September rooms in the middle of March. Sometimes I have luck bidding early. Somtimes I don't get anything until closer to the date. Just remember that rooms you win are non-refundable and you pay for them when you win them. If your plans change, the rooms are still yours.

Mom, great job. Now here is my story.

Fort Lauderdale, April, 2010.

3 Ships ready to depart for our date of sail.:D

Would like to stay at Embassy Suites on 17th St.

How many rooms can you book at a time?

Right now they are in the $200+ mark for that time

Advice?

Mom, great job. Now here is my story.

Fort Lauderdale, April, 2010.

3 Ships ready to depart for our date of sail.:D

Would like to stay at Embassy Suites on 17th St.

How many rooms can you book at a time?

Right now they are in the $200+ mark for that time

Advice?

When using Name Your Own Price (where you can get the BEST deals) you will never know for sure what hotel you will get before you bid. So you can't bid specifically for the Embassy Suites on 17th. You can however do some research and get a decent idea sometimes of what hotel/hotels you might get.

I did a little research and it looks like the Embassy Suites on 17th has not been won recently by bidding on Priceline. Odds are that you will not get that hotel by bidding on Priceline. If you want to try for something else in the area you can check this link to see what people are getting in the area.

http://biddingfortravel.yuku.com/forums/30/t/Florida-Fort-Lauderdale.html

Hope that helps!

That was a great video. especially for someonl like myself who has never used priceline;)However if you are looking for 1 room for 4 people ( 2 adults 2 kids) is there a strategy for that?

Many thanks

Michelle

That was a great video. especially for someonl like myself who has never used priceline;)However if you are looking for 1 room for 4 people ( 2 adults 2 kids) is there a strategy for that?

Many thanks

Michelle

There is no way when bidding on Priceline to guarantee beds for 4 people other than booking two rooms. If you absolutely need two beds, bidding for two rooms may be much cheaper than booking one room on your own.

We have two children as well. If we just need a quick overnight or two, I am willing to risk getting one bed and let the kids sleep on the floor for the night if they have to. The majority of the time I am able to request and get two beds directly from the hotel, but not always. If we are looking for a room for a week for 4 people, I wouldn't take the same risk.

You can request a room for 4 people through Hotwire. You can get bidding help on betterbidding.com for Hotwire. I find Hotwire prices to be higher than Priceline, but lower than booking directly with the hotel.

I hope that helps!

Archived