6487 vs 8457

gypsyrose

I am currently booked in 6487 aft balcony on Valor for next April. With the early saver I can get 8457 or 8457 or 7449, 7451 or 7453 for a little less. I booked the upper deck for price savings. Would I prefer to move up higher now that price is lower? I booked thru an online TA and would have to cancel current then book w/ early saver promo. What are the advantages of being up higher on the aft cabins? Is there more privacy? or space on balcony? This is my 1st aft cabin and I snagged it before the categories changed. Really would appreciate input from all the experts out there. Also, haven't even read up on early saver since I was already booked but I assume it is non refundable deposit. Thanks for any help!!

On my last cruise I was in cabin 8452 on the Glory (sister ship to the Valor). You definitely have more privacy on deck 8. There are no cabins above you, only the Lido deck, and you have to work a little to get a view into your balcony from there. You, however, will have a good view of all the folks below you when they're standing on their balconies at the rail like little prairie dogs coming out for a view, but you won't really be seeing down in to the balconies though.

Brian.

Lots of if's... The cabins are almost exactly the same, tho' the balcony on Verandah may be a bit deeper.... My choice would be 8457 which is right next to the aft/wrap (9A), and the balcony is a tad wider, as well..:p

However, then you are under the Lido and may hear chairs being moved around above during the evening/nite..:)

We just booked a Deck 4 cabin on Legend, so we would be closer to the water.. Just something different for us..!! You really need to find out if your TA has a cancellation fee; will you lose your deposit...? If the savings covered the price of 8457, I'd consider it, but the differences are minimal...:D

ps: We ALWAYS book aft..

Archived