Fruit Punch, anyone?

happygull

Sure' date=' they did. Do you really think they got rid of it because it stained the carpet? Hardly. Topic of conversation on Triumph in December while waiting for the trivia game to begin:

Passenger to CD who was running the game: Why don't they have the fruit punch on Lido deck anymore.

CD to passenger: They did away with it... Guess the smugglers will have to find another mixer, huh?

Passenger: Well, my kids liked it.

CD: I understand. Tell it to the smugglers.[/quote']

You're funny! :)

I think they got rid of it because it is cheaper to keep a 4 drink dispenser filled with 2 selections.

morons who should have stayed home and gone camping.

I don't usually post in reference to these type's of things, but I have to say that this comment is very judgemental. Your reference to people who camp are morons is just ridiculous. You say you dislike XX and XX, well I dislike people who "generalize" and don't have a clue what their talking about.

Camping is NOT for moron's. We are bigtime campers and have been for many year's. Our "camper" has 2 bedrooms, FULL kitchen, master bedroom w/ king size bed & walk in closet, 4 flat screen tv's, surround sound, etc etc etc..

our camper is at a seasonal site which means it remains there ( since you must be a non camper and don't know what seasonal site means) it has a huge deck built on, campfire for relaxing with family and friends, etc etc etc. Camping is fun, relaxing, full of activities and most of all, very family oriented. For you to "assume" that all people that camp are morons is absurd.

gma: CD: I understand. Tell it to the smugglers

and we should take it at face value that this was not a joke or that this CD had an inside track to the entire financial dealings of a huge corporation? This was done as either a cost saving measure or a supply chain problem.

I don't usually post in reference to these type's of things, but I have to say that this comment is very judgemental. Your reference to people who camp are morons is just ridiculous. You say you dislike XX and XX, well I dislike people who "generalize" and don't have a clue what their talking about.

Camping is NOT for moron's. We are bigtime campers and have been for many year's. Our "camper" has 2 bedrooms, FULL kitchen, master bedroom w/ king size bed & walk in closet, 4 flat screen tv's, surround sound, etc etc etc..

our camper is at a seasonal site which means it remains there ( since you must be a non camper and don't know what seasonal site means) it has a huge deck built on, campfire for relaxing with family and friends, etc etc etc. Camping is fun, relaxing, full of activities and most of all, very family oriented. For you to "assume" that all people that camp are morons is absurd.

Total Agreement here. We "rednecks" from NC love to camp. There is nothing better that sitting at the lake, gathered around the fire with family and friends & having some chilly drinks, mostly mixed with fruit punch:D.

Here is the final word on the fruit punch.

John replied on his blog today.

"I asked our VP of Food and Beverage Cyrus Marfatia and here is his answer."

John

The reason we discontinued the fruit punch was due to the fact that it was soiling our furniture and carpets. We have many daily spillages and the dye in the fruit would not come out of the carpet even after a deep clean and shampoo. We tried looking for similar products but all cause the same concerns.

Regards

Cyrus

So if they get rid of the carpet we might can get the fruit punch back. :)

Dave

they can be very fancy. i want a smaller version so that we can bring along to bike rallies and rides. it sure would beat having to leave our house at 4 and 5 AM on summer saturdays... no flat screen needed.

Total Agreement here. We "rednecks" from NC love to camp. There is nothing better that sitting at the lake, gathered around the fire with family and friends & having some chilly drinks, mostly mixed with fruit punch:D.

my fave is in the mountains. lakes are great, too.

John

The reason we discontinued the fruit punch was due to the fact that it was soiling our furniture and carpets. We have many daily spillages and the dye in the fruit would not come out of the carpet even after a deep clean and shampoo. We tried looking for similar products but all cause the same concerns.

Regards

Cyrus

Well so much for the punch it sounds like! :(

Here is the final word on the fruit punch.

John

Regards

Cyrus

So if they get rid of the carpet we might can get the fruit punch back. :)

Dave

Hmmm... Remember this one?

—————————————————–

Jetskier Asked:

John, please respond.

Can you give the reason why Carnival pulled the fruit punch drink from the Lido buffet for breakfast? There are reports on Cruise Critic that this has happened on several ships within the past two weeks.

My daughters love the fruit punch for breakfast.

Dave

John Says:

Hello Dave,

I have just checked with the Food and Beverage Manager who informed me that we did stop service of the fruit punch fleet wide, although it was never served at breakfast just lunch and dinner.

The reason we stopped this, is the sugar content was very high and it also left a stain on the teeth.

We now have a new supplier and fruit punch is now being served at lunch time again.

Could you please put this on Cruise Critic for me?

Many thanks for your continuing support for the blog.

Your friend,

John

————————————————-

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2008/10/13/johns-replies-9/

Have you ever tried to get red out of anything? Red koolaid, fruit punch etc are almost impossible to get out of carpets, fabrics, etc. I think those that think they got rid of it because it is a mixer are paranoid and a little too upset by something as minor as punch. I have kids that weren't allowed to take drinks that had red dye in them out of the kitchen. Once it's dry, it's there to stay.

P.S. Not everything is a conspiracy. In fact, almost nothing is.

Have you ever tried to get red out of anything? Red koolaid, fruit punch etc are almost impossible to get out of carpets, fabrics, etc. I think those that think they got rid of it because it is a mixer are paranoid

Well either way Carnival kills two birds with one stone.

Have you ever tried to get red out of anything? Red koolaid, fruit punch etc are almost impossible to get out of carpets, fabrics, etc. I think those that think they got rid of it because it is a mixer are paranoid and a little too upset by something as minor as punch. I have kids that weren't allowed to take drinks that had red dye in them out of the kitchen. Once it's dry, it's there to stay.

P.S. Not everything is a conspiracy. In fact, almost nothing is.

It was never about it being used as a mixer (contrary to one poster's opinion), but

Oooooo. Boy do I have an infomercial for you! {pick your favorite}

followed by...

{your mileage may vary, batteries not included, some assembly required. The manufacturer guaranties nothing, including, but not limited to: understanding basic instructions written in a arbitrary languages.

Furthermore, we make no guaranty that you, we, he, she, it, has any knowledge, understanding, or comprehension of any of this at a level above that of a jellyfish}

but do I think it is possible to neutralize the stain, especially when reasonably fresh. You betcha. I do suspect it takes labor and time and cost of materials.

I haven't read this entire thread, so forgive me if this has been posted, but if you have a soda card, you can also get juices from the bar...including the fruit punch.

I'm not saying shell out $8 a day for fruit punch, but if you're already going to get the card, you can use it for juices at the bar, too (cranberry juice, fruit punch, orange juice, etc).

Archived