How long does it take to apply military rates???

bfkkbc

Sent my PVP the copies of DD214 on Tuesday morning. He sent me an email stating he received them. As of today, the promotion still hasn't been applied to our account . Emailed him this past Friday inquirining about it and he said that we will know when he knows. I understand this is at the mercy of the supervisors and so on, but previously the military promotion was applied within a day. Should I call and get ahold of a supervisor or just wait it out?? Thanks:confused:

He should have booked you at the Military Rate to start with. That's always how it works with me. Then, If you don't send in your DD214 by x time (I think 48 hours), it reverts to the non-militay rate. Get back on the phone and ask for a supervisor.

Yup. We've never had to wait for the discount to be applied. Our TA (we don't use a PVP) books us at the military rate. I have something like 48 hours to fax my 214 to Carnival and the travel agency. (Usually have it done in 48 minutes:p)

Never had a hitch.

Charlie

He should have booked you at the Military Rate to start with. That's always how it works with me. Then, If you don't send in your DD214 by x time (I think 48 hours), it reverts to the non-militay rate. Get back on the phone and ask for a supervisor.
The military rate wasn't available when we booked, so we just booked and waited for the promotion to become available, and when it was, we then sent him our dd214. So that is why it wasn't done at the very beginning. But should it take a week for them to apply it once the dd214 was received???

That is the way it has always worked for me also! Something doesn't sound quite right to me. Read your 2nd post and that would make a difference.

If its your first time useing the Military rate and CCL dosen't have your Military info yet you may be booked at the standard rate or possible the military rate. After they have your info no problem. But they may ask every few years to resend your military info. We have our own fax so its never been a problem.

If its your first time useing the Military rate and CCL dosen't have your Military info yet you may be booked at the standard rate or possible the military rate. After they have your info no problem. But they may ask every few years to resend your military info. We have our own fax so its never been a problem.

No this is the third time we have used the military rate. Though this is the first time using this PVP (our other one doesn't work there any longer). So....:confused:

Just called 1800carnival and was told that there was noone there that could help me and that I would have to call back on Monday. How is that possible? I thought they had people manning the the helm so to speak 24/7??

Just called 1800carnival and was told that there was noone there that could help me and that I would have to call back on Monday. How is that possible? I thought they had people manning the the helm so to speak 24/7??

Calm down and take a deep breath..... All PVP's have to run these things thru their supervisors.... If the 214 was FAX'd to the right number, they will get it and it will be applied.... We had a similar hic up when our old PVP moved to greener pastures.... The copy of my 214 was stored on his hard drive I guess and when the new person occupied the chair Carnival deleted all the info... Needless to say we had to go thru the motions again... It took a few days to straighten its self out but it did... Give it some time... Being a veteran you ought to be used to the hurry up and wait routine....

Joey

I have used my military rate since our first cruise. I faxed it in to our PVP the very first time back in about '97, and it has been on file ever since. But my PVP has told me that the Mil rate doesn't always give me the best rate and it doesn't always apply to all cruises. Our PVP has changed twice since our original cruise, and our files have transfered to the new PVP. We have been very pleased with our PVPs(Krystal & Cordy).

Bill & Brenda

Just called 1800carnival and was told that there was noone there that could help me and that I would have to call back on Monday. How is that possible?

It's Easter? Maybe they get to take the holiday off?

Call back tomorrow.

Always remember to blacken out your social security number on a COPY (NOT ORIGINAL) and than fax them the copy with the blackened out social security number.

This goes for when faxing either your Military ID or DD214 to them. They will accept the blackened out social security number copy.

Think identity theft prevention.

It is Easter Sunday. :rolleyes: I'm sure very few staff are working today.

I agree, relax as you have until Jan 2010 to get this fixed.

Or just cancel and rebook the same room, cruise, date with military rate...

Archived