Carnival Spirit Alaska 2010

dallen10

Thank you for the information. I don't have any specific questions, just wondered what serious Carnival cruisers thought about the ship. It is several hundred dollars less expensive than RCI, so we are seriously thinking about checking out Carnival. We have not been to Alaska yet, I expect it will be cold though!

Thank you for the information. I don't have any specific questions, just wondered what serious Carnival cruisers thought about the ship. It is several hundred dollars less expensive than RCI, so we are seriously thinking about checking out Carnival. We have not been to Alaska yet, I expect it will be cold though!

what month were you sailing? the average temperature will differ among the stops. it differs month to month.

if you are from texas, you will be freezing your chichi's.

The Spirit is a great ship with a wonderful layout and friendly crew. The layout of the Spirit class makes easy navigation thru out the ship (IMO). There is plenty of inside and outside viewing areas for Alaska. The crew and fellow passengers were relaxed and mellow. I believe the crew was just as amazed with the scenery as we were.

Also, AK didn't seem that cold to us--we never wore our fleece jackets, gloves or hats. It was wet--always wore our waterproof gear. With that said, go prepared for both :)

We are planning for the July 6th sailing to celebrate an anniversary. I have a hold on aft cabin 8272. What can anyone tell me about this cabin? I imagine a little less windy. I am a cold natured person and after we returned from Eastern Med in January, we said no more cold cruises. But we really must see Alaska.

Born and raised in Amarillo!! But have lived in the Dallas area since the 80's. Hubby is from Houston. He's cold natured too. Weanies, both of us! ;)

Born and raised in Perryton--don't miss the blowing snow and drifts! I've lived in ABQ since the early 80's. It snows and is cold here, but usually doesn't last long.

You've got to see AK--beautiful. Just go prepared for any type of weather.

The aft cabins are suppose to be nice. If you are on a south/north route trip, there will probably be more movement back there. We were on the Glacier Bay route which was pretty smooth during our trip.

Not if you're from the Panhandle ;)

TROO DAT!

Born and raised in Amarillo!! But have lived in the Dallas area since the 80's. Hubby is from Houston. He's cold natured too. Weanies, both of us! ;)

i have turned into a weather weenie. i got the gear though, to combat anything!

Just go prepared for any type of weather.

that sounds great!

We have sailed the Spirit 2 times to Alaska. We really have enjoyed our

trips both times.

Starting in 2010 CCL Spirit sails now RT from Seattle. No regular one way

northbound and southbound to/from Anchorage or Whitter. I really think

this is a bummer. As we like the NB so we extended our trip by another 10

days afterwards.

Plus with the new scheduled no more Sitka stops which was a favorite. But

you will still enjoy the trip on the Spirit.

We are already booked on this trip, and cant wait. This will be my 3rd carnival, I've sailed RC once and will hopefully again one more time before this cruise (honeymoon). I actually like Carnival better then RC, but its the little things I noticed, which I dont think a lot of people will. Thats a room we were looking at, but ended up going with same deck, port side midship - hopefully the best viewing area for this trip. Our PVP actually said that for this cruise it is better to be port side vs being aft so you can have the best viewing for the longest period of time (5+ days). Hope you decide to go - I already started a roll call!

We are already booked on this trip, and cant wait. This will be my 3rd carnival, I've sailed RC once and will hopefully again one more time before this cruise (honeymoon). I actually like Carnival better then RC, but its the little things I noticed, which I dont think a lot of people will. Thats a room we were looking at, but ended up going with same deck, port side midship - hopefully the best viewing area for this trip. Our PVP actually said that for this cruise it is better to be port side vs being aft so you can have the best viewing for the longest period of time (5+ days). Hope you decide to go - I already started a roll call!

We went on the Spirit last year from Hawaii to Vancouver and many passengers were staying on as it was headed for Alaska. Compared to our NCL cruise, the Spirt was 100% nicer. The ship is highly decorated but beautiful. They have a very interesting collection of art glass housed in glass cases on each level of the stairs. Each is unique. The staff on this ship was so happy, helpful, and friendly. The cabin (cat11) was way nicer than I could have imagined, with a jetted tub in the bath. I had my birthday dinner in the supper club and it was one of the most memorable dinners I have ever had at land or sea. I know you will love this ship and I h0pe you love Alaska as well.

Who needs Chi chi's????

When I went on the Spirit it was beautiful weather (May 04). Was 80+ degrees in ketchikan and Juneau!! I know that's not typical, but wow was it nice!

Archived