Boudicca now departing Rosyth

ChipsAhoy!

When Fred Olsen issued the details of the 2010 cruises they said they would be using Rosyth rather than Leith.

Now they've written saying that the 2009 cruises will also be using Rosyth, having said in previous brochures they would be sailing from Leith.

It's a bit disingenuous to call it Edinburgh (Rosyth). Not quite London Luton airport but not far off.

No doubt they are doing this to avoid problems with tides rather than to reduce costs. No doubt either it will disadvantage many passengers and may end up costing them money.

No doubt they are doing this to avoid problems with tides rather than to reduce costs. No doubt either it will disadvantage many passengers and may end up costing them money.

I wonder if it has more to do with the fact that the Rosyth ferry terminal comes back into use on 19 May when Norfolkline reinstates the Rosyth/Zeebrugge ferry.

According to a letter I recieved today ,they,ve moved their operation because in high winds they can,t navigate the lock at Leith and Rosyth is not tidally constrained.

It also states Rosyth terminal does not have any catering facilities only a vending machine.:)

Hi guys ,

I too will be cruising on Boudicca and arriving back via Rosyth , can anyone tell me how many miles is it from the port of Rosyth to Edinburgh airport . Also how many miles was it from the port of Leith to Edinburgh airport ?

As you may have guessed I am factoring in my taxi fare / times and distances .

Many thanks ...:cool::cool::cool:

Archived