Voyager Class coming to Galveston?

rorito

When Freedom sails Miami in 2006 I hear Royal Caribbean will move one of the Voyager Class ships to port in Galveston. Does anyone know anything about this? Reservations for Freedom begin April 2005 so I guess we'll know by then!

Onboard Rhapsody Sept 04.Captain Charles,really tried to put this rumor to rest.He said he felt that Galveston was no where giving any indication that they were willing or ready to do that,or that Galv. could even handle that many pax on one ship,through the port.

He did also however say that MAYBE the enchantment,following her stretching was a possiblity.

Now,this came from a man..who also said he was very happy on the Rhapsody...

that he PREFERED that class to anything larger,because the Rhapsody was more challenging to sail..

Having said that...I now hear that Capt Charles will be moving to............

the Enchantment...Huuummmm...

I found a website that lists the history of Galveston.It was interesting to see that all of the contracts for "new" ships in port,were signed almost a year before they actually came into port.

Saddly, all that has been said is true about Galveston. They must not only dredge the channel deeper, but must also widen it as well. They can not turn a voyager around. So.... Galveston has a lot of work to do. They are aware (from a friend who lives in Galveston) but money is an issue. The Grand is straining the port as is. A Radience will work there, but will also strain the port. The number of pax comming and going is a problem fixable in the short run. Dredging a channel and putting in a turning basin is not. Keep your fingers crossed though, I am sure it WILL happen at some point.

Lots of rumors swirling about Corpus Christi. Their main problem is a bridge that is not tall enough. Could this happen as well? I think it will at some point. That would be a really nice port to sail from as well. 10 years from now, who know what we will see in Texas.

SoCal should get one first.

I don't care if it has to go around South America

Well, I am sure that RCI would consider your suggestion if it came with a nice check to cover the cost, and some kind of insurance program to gaurantee that they make money.:p :D

jc

When Freedom sails Miami in 2006 I hear Royal Caribbean will move one of the Voyager Class ships to port in Galveston. Does anyone know anything about this? Reservations for Freedom begin April 2005 so I guess we'll know by then!

Hi I was curious where you got your info that the Freedom will start bookings next April???

I believe Bayonne will get Voyager once Freedom launches... ;)

Last time I checked, Voyager is going out of Bayonne.

Was on Mariner and Cat. Johnny and also the Loyal Abmbassador said it will be Miami that will get the sailings. Could move one of the Eagle class ships up to POrt Canaveral since Mariner leaves Sundays, have the other one (Explorer or Navigator) leave on Saturdays. Actually, to think about it, Explorer is running out on Sundays, if I am right, already from Miami, so moving Navigator would be the best solution as of current sailings.

There was an article in the local paper not too long ago that said that Port Canaveral is in active talks with several cruise lines to get more ships for the port ... both those that would be home-ported here, and those that would make port-of-call stops here.

No specific lines or ships were named, however.

Hoping for a Radiance or Vision class. Or maybe a Celebrity ship.

Hey, I would be happy with a Radiance Class on our coast!! It would make the Mexico runs that much better. :)

Misty

I'm rather fond of the Monarch, but am ready to try a Radiance class ship.

The Monarch is sailing full almost every sailing and even though the Radiance class ships are much larger, they carry several hundred less passengers. I see prices going up quite a bit if this happens. :eek:

Reggie:D

In todays travel section of our newspaper...

Princess and Celebrity are going to sail out of Galevston starting November (I'm guessing it will be 2005 since it did not state actual dates) and will run through April 19th.

Grand Princess will offer 7 nt RT; Western Caribbean with Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel and GC.

Galaxy will offer 11 and 12 nt PC with Cozumel, Belize, The PC, Christobal Pier, Puerto Limon, Costa Rica, GC and Montego Bay.

Also in same article QE2 will do a 3 nt West Coast Escape scheduled for Feb 22-25, 2006 RT from LA.

Just thought I'd post as an FYI for all of you who love to sail out of Galveston. :)

In todays travel section of our newspaper...

Princess and Celebrity are going to sail out of Galevston starting November (I'm guessing it will be 2005 since it did not state actual dates) and will run through April 19th.

Grand Princess will offer 7 nt RT; Western Caribbean with Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel and GC.

Galaxy will offer 11 and 12 nt PC with Cozumel, Belize, The PC, Christobal Pier, Puerto Limon, Costa Rica, GC and Montego Bay.

Also in same article QE2 will do a 3 nt West Coast Escape scheduled for Feb 22-25, 2006 RT from LA.

Just thought I'd post as an FYI for all of you who love to sail out of Galveston. :)

HI..

Maybe I don't understand your post..

Both of these ships began operating in Galveston in Nov...

Both are great ships..

But..hey..We want a Voyager :D

Voyager classes at over 1000ft are too long to turn around. (Max is just under 1000). But a RADIANCE class would not be too big.

I have heard rumors about a radiance class possibly to new orleans or Gavelston, as on our last rccl cruise they told us at the welcome back party that if they get the 2 new ships out of miami other voyager and radiance class ships would have to be re routed to other ports. Some suggested were Gavelston, New Orleans, and LA for the Mexican Riveara, but obviously those were just Ideas, nothing was set in stone as of 3 months ago.

There is a press release out from RCCL about the bookings for the Ultra Voyager starting approx april 2005, so I do agree with that poster, however they can not move a voyager class to TX until the channel is widened. I would also like to see an eagle class someday from TX as it is a lot cheaper and shorter to fly from MSP to TX than from MSP to Miami (about an hour and 150.00)

No not Texas, SoCal.

You are close enough to Florida you can get on a Voyager class ship there.

Big bold fonts and color do not make your post anymore interesting to read. Nor your arguement any more persuasive. Perhaps, you should concentrate on content and not style?;)

JMHO

jc:D

Archived