cruising over thanksgiving

rachel58

We will be on the Island on a Pananma canal partial transit during Thanksgiving.Do they do anything special?We are not from the U.S so it would be nice to see if there isicon7.gif

You are in for a treat, Princess decorates their ships beautifully over theholidays. On our thanksgiving cruise on the Emerald they not only decorated for Thanksgiving but also had christmas trees,garlands and all kinds of greenery stuff up. Here in the Staates we docorate for christmas before thanksgiving, it puts everyone on board in a festive mood. Enjoy your cruise:)

We were on the Island full-transit last year on Thanksgiving. I have never seen so many Thanksgiving decorations. There is a special menu for dinner (ours was a formal night) where everything on the menu seemed to include pumpkin. There was a traditional Thanksgiving meal offered (turkey, dressing, pototos) as well as other choices for those less-turkey inclined. The waiters wore their "July 4th"/American flag vests also.

The Diamond Princess to Hawaii had a food display set up in the atrium. Shortly after Thanksgiving, the Christmas decorations went up. I remember the menus on T-Day had lots of pumpkin items (pumpkin soup, pumpkin ravioli, etc.) as well as traditional items (turkey and cranberry sauce). Since I'm not a big turkey eater, I remember I had something else for dinner but enjoyed it none the less.

We're on the Golden Princess over Thanksgiving this year. We love to get away for at least some of the year end holidays!

Archived