Getting Around With Elderly

NenaCruise

Hi:) I have quite a few older relatives traveling with us this time and I am conerned about the walking distance from where the ships docked to where you might meet Bernard Tours.....

Also what do people mean about the water taxi takng you back to the ship....how close is that? My mom is concerend because she has a hard time walking. We are bringing her walker.....Any feedback would be geatly appreciated.....

We may be going with Bernard Tours with a private tour if it works out....I am concerend because for example, the walk from the ship in Cozumel was pretty far unlike Grand Cayman where its a hop and skip up the road....

You should be concerned. St. Martin can be a lot brutally hot walk, particularly on the way back. However, they do have golf carts that you can flag down - we paid $1/pp several years ago, but it may be more now. I would definitely make a plan for a tour, but give yourselves plenty of time to get to the pick up point. I would speak to someone on the ship to see if you can arrange a golf cart rather than having everyone disembark and stand around until you can flag one down. If you can't do that, I would send out an advance party to get one of the golf carts to come back just for you - the promise of a few extra dollars might go a long way to arrange that.

On the way back, your folks can sit and wait by the drop off while you find a golf cart. Leave enough time here as well and be prepared to wait. We got back early and the golf carts were on a "break".

Archived