Sorrento, Capri, Pompeii, Naples

No, we did not take the chair lift. It was 8 Euros, round trip. We decided to walk around instead.

Oh , I forgot to ask how long was the bus ride from Capri to Anacapri ?

Where did you catch the bus ?

Do you remember the bus number ?

Thanks.

The cruise we just returned from had 2 stops in Naples (b2b sailing). The first day we booked an independent tour with 6 of us (which was fantastic)to Pompeii and the Amalfi coast with a stop in Positano for shopping and lunch and then a drive to Sorrento to catch the ferry back to Naples. This was on a Sunday and the traffic was really bad which is why we took the ferry back to extend our tour as long as possible. The ferry was $11 euros each way and took 30 minutes. I think they ran once an hour.

On our second stay in Naples, we took the hydrofoil to Capri which was $16 euros and took 50 minutes and ran more like once every 2 hrs. While Capri was nice we enjoyed Positano much better. Wished we had a 3rd day in Naples to see the Museum and tour the sites with the HoHo bus (it has 3 different routes you can take so you can really get around.)

Truffles 68, We were on a guided tour, so we did not use the public bus. It took about 15 minutes to get to Anacapri because traffic was heavy.

Maybe someone who used the public bus can answer your question.

We went by taxi up to anacapri. There were 4 of us and I do not remember the cost as it was 3 years ago. There was no trouble getting a taxi up ,but everyone was trying to get down at the same time. The taxi let us out right by the pizza place and the shopping. The chair lift is round trip and the view is amazing.

I personally loved our trip to Capri and Anacapri.

Archived