Can't decide what to do... Cancel and re-book or wait...!

littlestars

We are booked on the Sun in July. We got a great price but because of the dollar fall and being in the UK we are now paying a lot more than we originally expected. I haven't found a cheaper price than we paid anywhere (UK or US) so I know it is a great deal .... but...

There are LOADS of cabins left ~ we are booked in a BA of which there are still many left ... I see the aft balcony still available and the two bow suites still available (which I would think would normally be first to go) so I think the price is going to go down dramatically when final payments have been made. :confused:

If we cancel before the 18th of this month, we get a full refund.

What do you think? Too risky or should we chance it...??!!

The other thing is we were thinking of the option of just canceling the cruise entirely (we are doing it as part of a month long trip to Canada) so it is all adding up. We live on the Shetland Islands and a lot of what I read that we would be seeing in Alaska (whales, seals, otters, wildlife) we get in Shetland anyway. Alaska has been my dream destination for a long time before we ended up living here though so I don't want to be disappointed 5 years down the line that we didn't take the chance when we could...

Sorry it is long ~ :o Hope it makes sense... All advice greatfully recieved x

If you can "take this or leave it" then cancel and see what comes up last minute. With you having so much time in Canada, aren't you open also to other weeks?? At the least, you are open to other cruiselines, which, frankly probably have a better itinerary than the Sun.

With the Sun, I do find it "necessary" to budget in for the Tracy Arm boat tour, at about $190pp. It is FAR superior to transiting via the cruiseship and probably your only option for seeing glaciers from the ship.

I was actually wondering about other cruise-lines BQ ~ thanks for your reply.

We have accommodation booked up for all other weeks we are in Canada except this one so are not negotiable on dates. I wonder about checking other lines though...

*off to have a look!*

I was actually wondering about other cruise-lines BQ ~ thanks for your reply.

We have accommodation booked up for all other weeks we are in Canada except this one so are not negotiable on dates. I wonder about checking other lines though...

*off to have a look!*

You have the option for HAL, which offers some of the absolute best itineraries, Celebrity and probably RCI. Princess and Carnival do not do round trip Vancouver in your timeframe. IF you have an extra day or so, also look for round trips out of Seattle. Easy to get between Vancouver and Seattle.

Archived