Best Beach to Parasail at???

MIgal04

Going to be in St.Thomas on 4/28 with Carnival Liberty and we are doing a private tour (group of 10) with Air Force One. My grandma (yes my 72 year old grandma!) wants to parasail. I told her I would find out some information for her, so of course first thing I do is jump on CC :)

Couple questions though:

Which beach is the best for parasailing? I think I read Sapphire doesn't have any water sports available, is that true?

Was is about the average price? Is it per person or for two riders?

How long are you in the air for?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...

We were there this month on the Glory. We booked para sailing through Carnval for $75 per person. We also struggled with where to do it, and went with Carnival because it worked well with scheduling the other things we wanted to do. Times are available every hour throughout the day. We did an island tour while our son and his friend did the jet boat, and we all met up around 3 p.m. for para sailing.

You meet right outside the ship, sign the paperwork, and walk to the end of the pier to the boat. They take you just outside the harbor, and you go up tandem (2 at a time). They said it would be 6-8 minutes - I was not looking at a watch but it was plenty of time. Very smooth (better than being on the boat, actually!) and take off and landing was a breeze. They give you the option of a "dip" which pretty much is waist deep. It felt great. You basically see the ship in port, and are right off Frenchman's Bay Marriott Resort. We even saw a plan on approach for landing while we were in the air.

They offer photos ( I could not hear the pitch over the boat motor on the way out, and no one on our boat took it), and shirts on the way back in, and there is the usual pitch for a tip, but nothing too high pressure.

We had never done it, and it was a blast.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Islander...I tracked your last post down in hopes I could pick your brain for a little more info. First, I'd like to say I think I have read almost all of your posts and truly appreciate your knowledge of all things St. Thomas (and beyond) and the time you dedicate to answering our questions. Second, I have found a broad array of answers regarding ship vs. port time. I will be in St. Thomas on 1/6/10. Trying to book a tour with Sunny Liston. His last pick up is 11:00. Our ship (RCI-FOS) will be docked at 11:00 - 7:00 per the current itenerary. Sunny said that means our ship will actually be docking at 10:00 ship time because it will be January which is 11:00 local time so we would actually be meeting him at 10:00. I have also read all international ships adhere to their local ports time. I won't even go into what RCI's reply was. Can you possibly make sense of this for me. I simply want to know if we will be able to make Sunny's tour??? Thanks so very much!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello tquinn1, you're welcome for the information you have read in my posts. Unfortunately I don't know about the ship time vs. local time question. I have seen it several times on the board though. It seems that the RCI people should be able to give you a definitive answer. Sorry couldn't help with this one.

--Islander

Archived