Cat 6-E on the Spa deck

caribbeanboy

We upgraded to a 6E on the Glory last November - we loved the floor to ceiling window - there's a small table and two chairs in the area opened up by the slant of the window. We could look outside, just lying in bed - it was so cool.

Also, our room had a convertible couch and drop-down bunk, but it was just the two of us, so we did not need to use. The room did not seem much bigger than others - just the extra floor space near the window.

What's the difference between these oceanview cabins and the rest of the OV besides having a bigger windows?

These have floor to ceiling windows...bigger than Standard OV rooms as they are the same size rooms as Balcony rooms but you get the space for the Balcony inside your room ..they are wonderful rooms.

1247500039_Picture134.jpg.c20aff5778dcc2771c4364e82015af8e.jpg

P1230546.jpg.c030eecd5c2f967de6da657b9f383477.jpg

1428516668_Picture149.jpg.9edfe92a12d96c9e6233fdcd0a3ba4fb.jpg

P1230552.jpg.9f6455283ae8655be5ed686ad589be3f.jpg

2014443939_Picture137.jpg.572cdb4a4a294a998f4ed77b96292dd4.jpg

These have floor to ceiling windows...bigger than Standard OV rooms as they are the same size rooms as Balcony rooms but you get the space for the Balcony inside your room ..they are wonderful rooms.

Thanks for the great pics. But if not mistaken the standard OV rooms are also bigger than the balconies b/c of the baclony, so basically they have the same size as the ones on the Riviera and Main deck. I have noticed that they are more expensive than the other OV, but most probably b/c of the bigger windows and location on the vessel.

Thanks for the great pics. But if not mistaken the standard OV rooms are also bigger than the balconies b/c of the baclony, so basically they have the same size as the ones on the Riviera and Main deck. I have noticed that they are more expensive than the other OV, but most probably b/c of the bigger windows and location on the vessel.

On most ships

most ocean view / standard inside state rooms are 185 sq feet.

Balcony rooms are 185 sq feet with a 35 sq foot balcony.

The 6e room is 220 sq feet. If you look at my pics..where the window starts at the top is where the balcony doors /Window would be on a standard ocean view room

We loved staying on the Conquest in the cat 6E on Spa Deck just like the pictures. After the referb on Conquest now these rooms have a balcony...no more floor to celing windows. Very quite location with short hallway on either side. Highly recommend.

We had this type of room on the Freedom back in November and LOVED it! Your room definitely has extra space (I have had an OV, a balcony, and the 6e---all of which have been on Carnival). You will love this room! I have pics just like the earlier poster does and it's a fabulous room! We really loved sitting by the windows and we also loved how quiet it was---plus, the windows don't face out to anything but the ocean, so it's totally private and you don't need to close your drapes if you don't want to!

Yep...in addition to floor to ceiling windows with a table and 2 chairs in the alcove by the windows, the rooms are also slightly larger -- 220 sq.ft. vs. 185 sq. ft.

We were on the Conquest at Christmas in a 6E on the Spa level and we had heard that the rooms were being converted to balconies when the ship went into dry dock in mid-January. When we asked several crew members if this was so, they said "no, that it would take much longer than 2 weeks for that conversion to take place".

Does anyone know if this conversion did/didn't occur? As a family of four, we really loved the space that the 6Es provided.

On the Liberty the 6Es have 230 square feet as opposed to the standard OV with 220 square feet. You are also right next to the spa and just below Camp Carnival and the children's pool. Great location for families and gym/spa nuts.

We had this type of room on the Freedom back in November and LOVED it! Your room definitely has extra space (I have had an OV, a balcony, and the 6e---all of which have been on Carnival). You will love this room! I have pics just like the earlier poster does and it's a fabulous room! We really loved sitting by the windows and we also loved how quiet it was---plus, the windows don't face out to anything but the ocean, so it's totally private and you don't need to close your drapes if you don't want to!

but you gotta remember to close your drapes when you are going to be in port the next morning or you may wake up to people staring in your room from the ship docked across from you...lol

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you who have had a 6E cabin (we will be in one on the Glory in July) how was the motion? I tend to get seasick but can control it with the patch and ginger tablets. I can't use the patch anymore for health reasons, but I will be using ginger tablets, ginger gum and ginger candy. I have been on the deck with the pools without the patch and have been okay (with ginger)...but wanted to know your experiences with that cabin. I am very excited about the cabin...location, view, etc. Just hope I'm not sick!

how was the motion?

We had a 6-E on the Destiny. The motion was incredible. We had friends that had a cabin mid-ship on the upper deck. They couldn't believe how rough it was in our cabin. We didn't feel ill, as we don't have motion issues. Our friends with motion issues said they would never book a room on a high deck after hanging out in our cabin. The sway put me to sleep at night:)

For those of you who have had a 6E cabin (we will be in one on the Glory in July) how was the motion? I tend to get seasick but can control it with the patch and ginger tablets. I can't use the patch anymore for health reasons, but I will be using ginger tablets, ginger gum and ginger candy. I have been on the deck with the pools without the patch and have been okay (with ginger)...but wanted to know your experiences with that cabin. I am very excited about the cabin...location, view, etc. Just hope I'm not sick!

We were in 1109 on the Glory. Excellent location.

It seemed as if it was rockier & we could feel the swaying more in the dining room than in our room. I was very suprised how calm it was. I thought we were in for a rought ride being up that high! But we were pleasently wrong.

We had rough seas teh one night, when we got up in the morning we had some drawers open on the vanity...lol

Archived