Parking car for week in San Pedro

billsrobb

You can either park the car at the lot right by the cruise terminal, or like us, we stay at one of the hotels (Crown Plaza or Double Tree) there are other hotels also. We stay the night before the cruise and leave the car at the hotel for the length of the cruise. Hotel has a shuttle to and from the cruise terminal in San Pedro

there is a parking lot at the terminal that offers parking for I believe around $10 per day...or if you are looking at staying at a hotel the night before there are a couple places that offer park and cruise packages...namely Doubletree and Crown Plaza

It's the World Cruise Center. When you enter it (you'll get off the Harbor freeway at Harbor Blvd, stay in the center lane on the offramp, and drive across Harbor Blvd. right into the entrance), you'll drive by a guard booth and see the sign listing the ships and which berths they're at (you'll see the ships anyway). You'll drive up to the loading zone, where you can drop off your luggage and passengers, then drive down to the parking lot. After parking, it's an easy walk for most people going back up, or you can wait for the free shuttle.

Currently parking's $12/day. It's an open parking lot and secured. We've left from San Pedro six times now for cruises, and parked there for five times (the last time, we used a car service just because we had too much luggage -- a 15-day cruise -- for our sedans).

Just remember this isn't the port that Carnival uses. That's in Long Beach.

Yes, I would assume you are going out of Long Beach, not San Pedro since your signature indicates your next cruise (September 09) is on Carnival. You don't want to park in San Pedro for that. There is parking at the pier for Long Beach for Carnival ships.

Can you leave your car at your cousin's and have him/her drop you off at the pier and then pick you up again when you return? That's what we do in LA and it saves a lot of money.

Yes, I would assume you are going out of Long Beach, not San Pedro since your signature indicates your next cruise (September 09) is on Carnival. You don't want to park in San Pedro for that. There is parking at the pier for Long Beach for Carnival ships.

Can you leave your car at your cousin's and have him/her drop you off at the pier and then pick you up again when you return? That's what we do in LA and it saves a lot of money.

My cousin is going with me.

Robb

Another option is to use a shuttle service like Supershuttle. But if you do want to take your car' date=' I haven't heard of anyone having a problem with parking theirs in the port parking lot.[/quote']

Thanks.

Robb

Poster-In-Chief

Archived