Planning a cruise wedding..help!!

I just got engaged and would like to plan a cruise wedding for 2011. I was looking into Royal Caribbean and Carnival (which seems to be cheaper) but does any one have any suggestions? I want to get married on one of the islands that we stop at on the beach (sailing to the Caribbean). The most important parts for me are: having my father walk me down the isle, first dance, and then just good music, great food, drinks, family and friends. I want something fun and casual (don't want a formal sit down). I even plan on changing into my bathing suit once the first dance is over. Does anyone have suggestions? Use the cruise wedding coordinator or get my own? Should I have welcome bags for guests? I want a short ceremony, should I have chairs for people to sit at or just have them stand?? ANY advice, ideas, suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

You can look into what the ship has to offer for weddings however I found a WC on the island is much cheaper. I will be married in St. Thomas and sailing with Princess. My WC will be picking us up and the party to bring us to our wedding site. Usually booking with someone on the island is easier since they are on the island and knows all the ins and outs. I would say shop around and have fun. For my ceremony I will not be having chairs to save costs so our guests will be standing. It will be a short ceremony so why have them sit when its only going to be a dozen people. I will just make sure they are fanned out. For lots of great advice on your upcoming wedding click on the link below and join :) Its AWESOME. Congrats on the engagement!

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/index.php?referrerid=14365

I recommend getting a TA to help you choose your cruise. The cruise lines offer different perks for group bookings and each sailing has certain offerings. A TA can help you find the cruise that has the best itinerary for you and the best GAP (Group Amenity Points). As far as a WC you should definitely look at a private WC on the island of your choice. It is much cheaper than the cruise line and you get much more control and many more options. I am using Tropical Weddings Jamaica for my wedding. We chose Royal Caribbean because we have a large group coming with us and we knew that our guests would enjoy all that the Freedom of the Seas has to offer and we got a great rate and 8 GAP points. Best of luck.

I just got engaged and would like to plan a cruise wedding for 2011. I was looking into Royal Caribbean and Carnival (which seems to be cheaper) but does any one have any suggestions? I want to get married on one of the islands that we stop at on the beach (sailing to the Caribbean). The most important parts for me are: having my father walk me down the isle, first dance, and then just good music, great food, drinks, family and friends. I want something fun and casual (don't want a formal sit down). I even plan on changing into my bathing suit once the first dance is over. Does anyone have suggestions? Use the cruise wedding coordinator or get my own? Should I have welcome bags for guests? I want a short ceremony, should I have chairs for people to sit at or just have them stand?? ANY advice, ideas, suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

We just did the same thing about a month ago in Cozumel. The wedding was amazing! We had a short ceremony, lunch buffet and then we hit the beach for the day! We were married at Nachi Cocom Beach Club and our guests LOVED it! They treated us like Royality all day!

We were married on Brewer's Bay in St. Thomas during our day in port there. The paperwork was quick and easy (and cheap), and we used a local WC - Janelle Scott from Island Bliss Weddings. She was fabulous, her husband was the minister and we could not have loved him more! We really liked Brewer's Bay because there was some shade for people to hang out in, and the beach was beautiful and deserted - no sunbathers! I highly recommend it!

The only thing that may pose a problem for you would be getting changed into a bathing suit...no change facilities. I contemplated wearing my bathing suit under my dress, but in the end we just went back to the ship and went swimming in the afternoon.

I think most ceremonies are pretty quick....ours was about 10 minutes, so you really don't need chairs. You can bring whatever music you want and dance on the beach if you want too.

Hey I too am using Janelle for my wedding on Lindquist beach in St Thomas. I agree that it's more economical to work with a WC on the island vs the ship's wc. I like the idea that I know in advance all of my wedding plans ie time location etc. With the cruise line you find out days before the cruise. Thats just unacceptable to me.

We are planning to have chairs for our 40 guests but our ceremony will prolly be a lil longer than most dws. We are having our pastor cruising with us and we will have a longer religious ceremony. We will then have a buffet lunch most likely at the grille a rest on the mahongeny run golf course followed by an island tour for the entire group... Then the group will have time to shop hit the beach etc.

We worked with a carnival pvp and are cruising on the carnival freedom on a 8 day 5 port southern carrib cruise.

Good Luck and make sure to check out the link above for BDW.

Bellasteena - I am using Tropical Weddings Jamaica too after seeing so many rave reviews on this forum. When is your wedding and where? Are you having a reception? I'm having a 2 hr steel drum band reception with lunch on the beach. She is telling me now that I'm on Golden Sands Beach, but I'm curious what other locations she's giving to other people. Let me know! Thanks :) Laurie

I recommend getting a TA to help you choose your cruise. The cruise lines offer different perks for group bookings and each sailing has certain offerings. A TA can help you find the cruise that has the best itinerary for you and the best GAP (Group Amenity Points). As far as a WC you should definitely look at a private WC on the island of your choice. It is much cheaper than the cruise line and you get much more control and many more options. I am using Tropical Weddings Jamaica for my wedding. We chose Royal Caribbean because we have a large group coming with us and we knew that our guests would enjoy all that the Freedom of the Seas has to offer and we got a great rate and 8 GAP points. Best of luck.

Archived